Ne'er Day Brew - Siberian Tiger

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
I did a brew last New Years Day and since I have a quiet night tonight I will see the Bells in while watching Jools, get to my scratcher at a reasonable hour and then get up early and put on a brew. I also happen to have a couple of bottles left over from last New Years brew so I think I will use that for lubrication as I go. :D

I am brewing this very late for the Scottish Craft Brewers January meeting on the 25th so I expect it will still be a bit green when required. We have been challenged to brew a palletable beer between 5% and 6% abv and the winner will win the chance to brew the recipe at the Tryst Brewery in Falkirk (which is a 5 barrel brewery). I have decided to make a fairly hoppy pale ale and as my water is so soft I am going to harden it up with some gypsum (I have never tampered with my water before so I got the measurements from John Alexanders book). I'm all ready to go, brewing equipment rinsed, grains weighed and water treated - just need to get up and switch on the HLT.

sib_tiger.jpg

Have a great Brewday Dunfie :thumb:

We'll be watchin Jools here too :cool:

I had hoped to take some photo's of the brewday but failed miserably due to a doze of lethargy.

However, as matter of completeness I managed to finish off with 22.7l at 1058 so not too bad and I also get the great feeling that I have already notched up brew no.1 of 2009. :cheers:

Now I just have to wait and see what difference the gypsum makes to the brew. :wha:

Hats off for doing a brew today :clap:

I've just taken my first steps of 2009 :lol:

Hope it turns out a gooden :thumb:

Back