Neil Morrisey Brewing Channel 4

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet all the locals are really fed up. Seems like they didn't keep to their word of having a "pub that serves food and not a restaurant that serves beer". I think Fox said at that public meeting "I don't like the term gastropub". Well that is exactly what they created!
Food that cost between £14 and £18 and a 60p price hike on the Tetleys. No wonder they have lost their locals - and no-one is going to travel far on a cold wet November evening for "gasto pub" food. And they scored an own goal by not inviting the locals to the free beer evening - just keeping it for their friends. Typical "celebrities".

And you are right, just a 5 minute slot on the brewery arriving - and as if by magic beer being put into casks almost the next day. :eek:

I started out thinking it was going to be an entertaining but informative program. To me it ended up showing me they were a couple of plonkers.

<rant mode off> :roll:

It looks as though Cropton Brewery are going to be busy, brewing fot Tesco!
I can't see how those 2 cack handers will be able to cope! :nono:
I think they will be in for a big shock and the menue will change very quickly and be pleading to the locals to come back and it might be too late :hmm:
Anyway we will see :thumb: :cheers:
Mash

I'm watching it on 4 player right now.

I love that first line Neil says as he's doughing in "Every brewer across the country is going to be looking at me, thinking, "What a ******". "

He couldn't be more right! :lol:

Well, after watching this 'series' I'm not impressed.
I think they did make themselves both look tossers, particularly NM. The arrogance when asked last night why they had hiked the prices massively was astonishing.
So they said if Tesco don't get enough sales then the beer will be pulled from the shelves permanently - well let's see how long it lasts. SWMBO saw the MF beer on sale there yesterday, but didn't get me any - she thought £1.80 odd looked a bit steep :lol: (she did pick me up some SNPA on 'offer' at £1 a bottle). I might get one bottle at some point just to see, though at the moment I don't like the idea of those 2 getting my money :evil:
I can't really see it becoming a long-term thing at Tesco - if I were the buyer at Tesco who made the decision to take it on I'd be pretty ****** off after watching those shows.
And if the revenue from Tesco dies up, then they'll only have the pub to fall back onto (once they've spent what they got paid for the TV shows, assuming they did.)

i've just finished watching the last one. The missus has gone upstairs due to me getting more and more irate and shouting at the computer.

I won't be wasting my money on it.

What's the betting someone gets me the book for christmas? :roll:

I'm glad that series has stopped at 3, because I don't think I could take any more horse **** from that pair :x

I'm sure Tesco's and Sainbury's were watching, as the very clever Mr Fox called Waitrose a bunch of wan&%$$^^kers when he put the phone down.

60p on a pint of Tetley's and no crisps, so you have to buy that sh1t they're serving :twisted: pretendious tw&&*&&*ts.

If I were one of the locals, I'd start building another pub, saying that, it won't last once the publicity dies down :lol: .

Yeah, I have to agree, it was thoroughly disappointing. I thought the micro-brewery bit would be interesting but must have blinked because one minute fox had his legs poking out of a van and the next minute they were doughing in (badly :lol: ).

Waitrose had the right idea - sorry mate, your beer is **** :clap:

eskimobob said:
Yeah, I have to agree, it was thoroughly disappointing. I thought the micro-brewery bit would be interesting but must have blinked because one minute fox had his legs poking out of a van and the next minute they were doughing in (badly :lol: ).

Waitrose had the right idea - sorry mate, your beer is **** :clap:

i concur! (with the brewing bit)

the only short spell of brewing shown, was that of them doughing in a bread mixture!!!!

I did set out to watch objectivley and I gave them the benefit of the doubt in show one. But these two are aroggant,ignorant and up their own **** twats.
At least the man from waitrose was honest and probably over polite by saying " This is not for us" what he was saying was "this is unsellable ****"
Buy morrisey fox beer - I would rather rub a peeled chilli in my underwear and stick pins in my eyes.

bad, bad, bad

programme sucked in every way possible - what a shame....

My only positive was that my V+ box filled up so only recorded the first two...

Phew, i'm glad i've not bothered watching any of this. :cool:

Back