Never Underestimate the Power of the Darkside

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
OK it's all your fault . . . I have been lured to the dark side of the force, and made a batch of Turbo cider, using Tesco's apple juice. A short 10 minute video is available here

Very good!,what was in the little bottle you added at 10ml?, also, if i made this can i bottle it and drink at leisure?, have got a cider kit on at moment, but fancied trying this if i can make and bottle!
Thanks again
:cheers:

I believe that was liquid Tannin. Available from homebrew shops in powdered form also and via tea for the less prepared! That was a good deal on the Apple Juice at Tesco a few weeks back Aleman and if my Mrs was a bit more forgiving, and her opinion of Cider wasn't quite so low, I probably would've done the same.

That is a mighty packet of yeast!

Ha ha You'll never come back again. Have just put my second batch in the Fv this will be a regular at mine now!

Aye, top video, my eldest daughter (4) watched it with me today, she danced to the Benny Hill tune which was awseome and then said "Daddy, he's not making beer, he's making cider bacause THAT is apple juice!"

Should I be happy? or a bit ashamed.......

Why go to the faff of burning yourself in the flame zone if you're going to leave all your opened cartons of AJ on the side (pouring in the first opened last)?

Does make me wish I liked cider though.

ano said:
Why go to the faff of burning yourself in the flame zone if you're going to leave all your opened cartons of AJ on the side (pouring in the first opened last)?.

Well at least I know my hand was sterile if I needed to plunge it into the FV to tighten the tap :lol: . . . It is a bit incongruous I'll admit, bit is my standard practise to always try and do yeast work in as clean a way as possible . . . hence the spraying with Isopropyl alcohol and working in the zone of the flame . . . its not as important when working with large amounts of dried yeast, but certainly when working with liquid cultures its a good idea

Fair enough. I guess I haven't brewed long enough to develop habits yet heh.

Well Kegged it today . . . 11.3 Brix (1.04363) down to 1.000 which is about 4.6% abv . . . it hasn't gone as dry as I would have expected, but this is a good thing there is a nice apple aroma and taste left behind . . . Probably a bonus of not increasing the strength using sugar . . . She wanted a nice light cider rather than rocket fuel . . . this could well hit the spot.

Isinglass added and keg in the Kegereezer . . . .

Just to reiterate

Yoda said:
Underestimate the the dark side you must not

I found myself drinking this from the FV last night :shock: . . . . Only been brewing Turbo cider for 3 weeks and I'm already getting into bad habits

My name is Aleman and I have a problem

Aleman said:
I found myself drinking this from the FV last night :shock: . . . . Only been brewing Turbo cider for 3 weeks and I'm already getting into bad habits

:lol: fair play, how was it?

Latest posts

Back