Other hobbies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing it himself...its more like 30k though...keeps saying it'll pick up and he will make a fortune,while still chucking more money at it. I heard his last installment on it was 8k because the value had dropped so much. I don't really understand it but he doesn't look happy!
Its called dollar cost averaging.

My daily life. If you are just investing don't bother looking ar charts everyday, it will take over your life. Just leave it alone and in 18 months all will be OK
Yeah, good advice. I figured that out after a few days. I’m pretty relaxed about the whole thing now but at first I was checking on my shares every few minutes, alternately excited then disappointed then excited then…

I’ve tried a bit of trading too but with mixed results - reading the runes is a bit more tricky. Good fun though.

If they ban shooting it'll be fishing next then owning pets...

I dont think they would ban course fishing Clint as we dont kill the fish intentionally. (accidents happen)

I really dont get what pleasure people get out of shooting animals for pleasure (not for food) hardly a challenge is it.

1683575191847.png
1683575203254.png
1683575217427.png
1683575237742.png

In the UK shooting is a sensitive subject at the moment.

As seen by the comments made by a Welsh Minister claiming there is no place for shooting in a ‘civilised society’.

Source..
Minister sparks rural backlash after shooting and hunting statement
Extremely sensitive here too, the duck shooting especially, they shooters shoot anything flying within their range.
Feral pig's, goats, buffalo, camel, horses, foxes, cats (feral) and roo's are all fair game.

I have a few other hobbies, I dabble with 3D Printing and CNC but my main weakness is guitars. I play but I have stumbled into collecting over the past 20 years or so...

Here are a few that I own for those that are interested.

keb & 335.jpeg

Gibson Keb' Mo' Signature and a 1983 Gibson ES-335

mmstingray.jpeg

1978 pre Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray and a 2017 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Ball Family Reserve (only 50 made each certified and numbered, this is Number 1 ashock1)

339.jpeg

2008 Gibson ES-339 and 1982 Music Man RD 50 amp

country gm.jpeg

1963 Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman, the same model but different colour than the one George Harrison played on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964.

ibanez af75.jpg

A wee Ibanez AF75 jazz box.

mm cultlass.jpeg

A 2017 Music Man Cutlass

dobros.jpeg

A 1929 Dobro Model 45 and a 1935 Dobro Model 32

dobrato.jpeg

A 2022 Dobrato with Bigsby vibrato and "B" bender

la cabronita.jpeg

A copy of a Fender La Cabronita that I built using a second hand set of TV Jones Power Tron pickups.

1977 PBass.jpeg

A 1977 Fender Precision Bass

For those that have come this far without falling asleep you must be interested in guitars so as a final treat here is a picture of my Ceriatone Overtone Special amplfier. A dumble clone. A mind blowing amp, think Robben Ford, Larry Carlton and Stevie Ray Vaughan and you will get the gist of what an actual Dumble can produce. These clones are pretty good though...

Er... that's my other hobby.

I shoot; but only clays.
Not all shooting is about killing athumb..
Good challenging sport clay shooting. We go out a week before duck season to get the eye in on fast moving targets. Here's an uncle and nephew smashing a clay on the farm we shoot on. There are deer in that bush too, Reds and Fallow...
20230401_154014_copy_1632x918.jpg

A few Tincas today, good to be out fishing again.
View attachment 92509
Nice...in my fishing days only ever managed to catch a couple of baby Tench..always wanted to catch a decent size Tench and Barbel. One day might get back to it if my son gets the bug and I may get to tick them off the list. 🎣

I've done quite a bit of dead baiting but prefer lures for the pike.
Last winter one of the lads in the fishing club was lure fishing off the boat with a foot long bright orange bull dawg rubber lure and caught a 30lb+ common carp fair and square in the mouth!

I've done quite a bit of dead baiting but prefer lures for the pike.
Last winter one of the lads in the fishing club was lure fishing off the boat with a foot long bright orange bull dawg rubber lure and caught a 30lb+ common carp fair and square in the mouth!
The only time I have caught a pike was the opposite way round... bringing in a roach and the pike thought it was an easy lunch.

Latest posts

Back