Peppermint Stout?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkylager86

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Cooper's Irish Stout kit on the go at the moment which I have pimped up a bit with a tiny bit of coffee and some cacao nibs. I'm intrigued by the idea of adding some peppermint tea to it and having something that will taste a bit like After Eights in stout form to drink over Christmas. I'm unsure how much peppermint tea to add though as I don't want to add too much and have it taste like mouthwash. Has anyone tried this before?

Last edited:
I'd be tempted to just brew it out and store without adding the mint.
Then when it's done try a bottle just adding a couple of drops of mint flavouring. If its OK I'd do the same with the rest,obviously adjusting to your taste.

I'd be tempted to just brew it out and store without adding the mint.
Then when it's done try a bottle just adding a couple of drops of mint flavouring. If its OK I'd do the same with the rest,obviously adjusting to your taste.
That might not be a bad shout. Then I wouldn't have 40 pints of mint if it turns out I don't like it

Yes that's a good idea. I once made a batch of spruce ale from the Greg Hughes book smellt and tasted like some kind of cleaning product...

Latest posts

Back