Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild 17.12.11

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
I decided it was time to knock the cobwebs off the brewery & do a Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby earlier today,

It was a really smooth brew day & the addition of cam locks has made the whole experience, so much easier.

I took a few photos and a couple of videos along the way.

Grist in the mash tun ready for underletting.

e514846f.jpg

Mash Temp
809b48b1.jpg

Brewery Steaming away
bdaf959a.jpg

Preboil
bbcefcc5.jpg

The Escape (note there is 150ltrs of wort in a 200ltr fermenter, hence 50 plus litres of fob )
d6b62f79.jpg

UP

Looks good Shane, never seen a Cheshire square fermenter before. Hope it doesn't upset Yorkshire men.

Nice one Shane, what recipe did you go for...? I think the Graham Wheeler recipe could use half the Crystal malt swapping out for Dark Crystal Malt to be closer to the real thing.

Franklin said:
Nice one Shane, what recipe did you go for...? I think the Graham Wheeler recipe could use half the Crystal malt swapping out for Dark Crystal Malt to be closer to the real thing.

I used the graham wheeler recipe and also used dark crystal, colour looked pretty good to me, lets hope its not too cloying :shock:

Have been to take a look today and it is fermenting very nicely and smelling terrific.

UP

I used the Fullers strain.

It turned out very nice, not a clone of Sarah Hughes but a very nice beer all the same, I would cut back on the dark crystal slightly and add a few grams less hops if I was to brew it again.

Cheers

Shane

Latest posts

Back