Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just Had my first Pint of Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild, down at my local, I could only have the one because i was driving, :( I think I am in love what a Beer.

I'm walking back down for some more shortly though before its all gone!!!! :drink: :D

If you have never had it, it is a must must try!!!

UP

Thats just how I felt the first time I tried Elgoods Black Dog.

As the Sarah Hughes recipe is in the Graham Wheeler Book. As I have the ingredients in stock. As I was thinking could do with getting a brew on soon. As the Mrs is going out with her mother and sister on sunday and as you recommend it Shane I think I might just give it a go :thumb:

I have made the GW HB version and it makes a stunning beer.

However the genuine article is beyond stunning, you would be hard pressed to make a better cask beer IMOO

Happy brewing on Sunday Mick,on sunday I will be dealing with 16+ under 7 year old's trying to get them to play rugby, rather than their usual, fighting, rolling round in the mud and chucking stuff at each other, that they seem to prefer on a training session :D .

UP

shearclass said:
evanvine said:
Woussies use a round ball!

Nonsense!

No it's true the round ball folk go down like they have been shot if someone so much as gets near them. They could be out of action for a whole season with a chipped nail or split end.

I have stopped watching football due to the theatrics of the overpaid under worked Muppet's involved.

But back to the beer. Just poured a pint of mine. It has been in the Corni for 3 weeks now and this really has developed. It's Malty, sweet and bitter. There is a definite taste of Liquorice and Burdock and the colour has really come out as well in sure this is darker and redder than wen it went in. It is a really fine beer. I'm now desperate to try the real thing just to see how close my effort really is.

Latest posts

Back