Setup help lindr

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuckman

Reaction score
New to forum so hi all.
trying to find answers on my setup importantly am i doing this right?

so ive bought a lindr 20non k version
I have a c02 with a regulator all connected as per instructions. 1 polykeg 52pintsšŸ˜‹ at room temp

ive opened my co2 and led to believe till it balances out see pic, my psi is set to 20psi

my pints seem fine a little foamy at first but seem ok on the next pour.
after using do i need to turn the co2 off?

And finally how long will a poly keg last once opened not refrigerated

Open to answers
Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• 467743F2-83D1-4E66-8C62-903078FD80F6.png
    467743F2-83D1-4E66-8C62-903078FD80F6.png
    225 KB · Views: 34
Hi and welcome.

Leave co2 on. Although I suppose as its a bag in keg thing it might not matter apart from pressurising what's in the line.

I've often wondered about longevity of polys but I'd imagine a couple of months of stored and packaged well. They never last that long here.

Hi and welcome.

Leave co2 on. Although I suppose as its a bag in keg thing it might not matter apart from pressurising what's in the line.

I've often wondered about longevity of polys but I'd imagine a couple of months of stored and packaged well. They never last that long here.

Thanks for your reply
My poly keg is at room temp but worried this isnt cold enough to stay fresh would you say 40-60days ?

The longevity depends a bit on the style. A very hoppy IPA wonā€™t be as fresh after a few weeks but something like a lager or a normal ale would probably last for ages.

Unsure if you have tried but in the poly keg is a salt jute ipa.
Totally new to this so time will tell šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Another question
Cleaning after keg use. If i say want to leave the keg for say 2 weeks without using it , am i able to disconnect from a kegstar keg and clean the pipe and internals. Then Leave disconnected and then reconnect say 1 to 2 weeks later?

Another question
Cleaning after keg use. If i say want to leave the keg for say 2 weeks without using it , am i able to disconnect from a kegstar keg and clean the pipe and internals. Then Leave disconnected and then reconnect say 1 to 2 weeks later?
Yup

Changed to a new Kegstar yesterday Lager.
What psi is recommended for this as the lager just tastes flat?

Tried a few different psi 36 currently
Its like the beer taste metallic the lager is hells yeasty boys superfresh not sure whats going on???

Tried a few different psi 36 currently
Its like the beer taste metallic the lager is hells yeasty boys superfresh not sure whats going on???
It could be a bad keg. It does happen so might be worth talking to the suppliers about it.

Back