Shock! Ferrari Win Grand Prix

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
What a Bloody Travesty! Great race for 47 laps then Massa gets ordered to let Alonso past as he couldn't do it any other way. . . . Ok so they get a $100,000 fine, but they did this 8 years ago and the rule was put in place to stop it. Personally I think they should have reversed the places of the first two, and cancelled the points Ferrari got towards the constructors championship, $100,000 if they win the constructors title is more than worth it. after all there are still something like 235 points left

If Alonso was truly faster than Massa then he would have got past him and made it stick on lap 21 . . . but whiny boy Alonso complained to Stefano that "It was ridiculous" . . . What that Massa was the better racer? Ferrari were truly on form this weekend (and boy does it hurt to say that), why give the race to Alonso, Vettel f*cked up the start trying to force Alonso into the wall but then Massa got by . . .It's a Race everyone wants maximum points, the team, wants maximum points, massa wants to win the champoinship and should have been allowed to get them . . . Alonso . . . Tough T*tties little boy, grow some cojones, stop whining, and prove that you are the double world champion . . . Fight for it, like a real champion

amen, in my eyes, a bigger fine should have been given, can you buy a new ferrari for less than £65,000, not really!!

I also think that Alonso should be given a seeing to, points drop, maybe a defo grid drop at next race but then so should Massa but its not that he did much wrong other than follow 'orders' but then he has his own mind, maybe he should have just said jog on, i dunno.

What gets me is how Ferrari try and cover it up as not orders, that Gaylonso was faster, yeah, but a tenth! It was clear on the replay that Massa was on half throttle coming out of the hairpin to let him past!!

Im shutting up now, but for once, i agree with Eddie 'crazy purple jeans' Jordan :ugeek: , it was cheating and theft!

Now you see I have no problem with Team orders. They are 2 men within one team. Ferrari finished 1st and 2nd does it realy matter in what order. The result was the best result for the team and Formula 1 is a team sport. I take it you dont agree with pace setters in athletics. Or all this rubbish that goes on in cycling useing team members to help just one man to win. Just my opinion not meaning to offend anyone or start an argument.

I actually have no axe to grind I would have applauded Alonso winning . . . If he had passed Massa fair and square . . . but it wasn't . . . . There are 24 drivers on the grid and they all want to win . . . or at least beat their team mate . . . if that is not allowed . . . then why not have qualifying and the top qualifying car from each team goes on to race . . . and the other 12 can sit it out and watch.

Or better still only have one driver per team. Two drivers was brought in years ago to give a team a better chance of winning. If Massa had wanted to he could have just kept going but he knows he is only part of a team and what is best for the team is all that matters. Ferrari want to win the constructors title and have one of there drivers win the drivers title. All they were doing was choosing the option that gave them the best chance of making that happen. If one of the teams in the World cup final had one player who could have won the golden boot would it have been wrong if a team mate had been stood in front of an open goal about to score the winning goal but had been asked to pass the ball to his team mate in order to help them win. No you would have said what a great bloke for selflessly helping a team member achieve this.

Just look at Massa's face from the point of him getting out of the Ferrari, something had died inside him.

It wasn't only rule breaking. It was morally corrupt.

Just heard on the news that the FIA (Ferrari International Assistance) are considering BANNING Ferrari from F1.

Now that i think is a bit harsh. Ferrari have been it F1 from somewhere near the start and bring a lot of fan base with them. Banning them will not be good for the sport!

I see what people are saying about it bein a team sport but at the end of the day, its still a RACE, everyone wants to win, some realise it wont happen for them in the car or starting position they are in but they all want to win, its in their blood. I'm sure that if it had been another team that laid down a team order, Ferrari would have soon been on the radio to Charlie Whiting(sp) complaining, look back to when Hamilton backed Alonso to the Saftey car a few races back, 'its not fair' they said because Hamiltons penalty was dealt later in the race and he lost no position.

Alonso didn't win.
He might have been first across the line, but he didn't win.
He's shown himself to be a bad sportsman (and with not much of the man or sport in that).
The real winner was Massa. He probably faced dismissal from the team had he not obeyed the team "suggestion" that his teammate (and not much of a mate at that) was "faster than you".
Once again, the real winner was Massa.

Because of the time difference, it's difficult for us in Aus to watch these races live. I run the recorder, and watch it later. However, as soon as I heard about the cheating outcome, I wiped it from the hard-drive. Can't be bothered spending 2 hours watching a cheat get up.

:lol: It's a team sport and every team do it at one point or another, the problem is Ferrari are stupid enough to let the world see what they did instead of making things clear before the race to their drivers like any professional outfit should. Did you see them all lying after the race, it didn't take a genius to figure it out! The $100,000 dollar fine is a drop in the ocean to them so that's not gonna bother them, and as for any suggestions of them getting banned from F1 :lol: that would be suicide for the FIA :lol:
I do however think the team should be deducted the points and the driver placings to be reversed with the drivers keeping the points. I'm a Ferrari fan and it's a tough time to be one right now as i HATE Alonso with a passion, the guy hasn't got a moral bone in his body, he was the driver that benifited from Nelson Piquets deliberate crash and we're supposed to believe he had no knowledge of it when it was clearly well planned!! Also he was part of the McLaren team when they stole Ferraris designs and was rumoured to be trying to blackmail the team for number 1 status and yet when heads rolled he walked away with a clean nose
Rant over :twisted:

What a farce!

Personally, I'd have excluded Ferrari from the race results for giving the order... and Gonzo and Massa too for colluding with them in breaking the rules.

As I understand, the $100,000 fine is the largest that stewards can impose at a race meeting, so that's why they referred it to the WMSC. Hopefully they get a royal shafting from them; in reality, I doubt it will happen.

Apparently a quick witted journalist asked Gonzo after the race if he considered it "to rank right up there with Singapore 2008 among his greatest ever GP victories". :lol:

Back