Show us your pressies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ODUL58c.jpg

Santa was good to me this year :-)

brought me things I can't make.....

although I can make sparkling wine, it is not real champagne :thumb:

:cheers:

I answered all the 'what do you want for Christmas' questions with "An all grain kit please".

My haul was

One. Directors Bitter
One. Rauchbier
One Pilsner kit. That should keep me of going for most of next year :)

The Rauch is a bit of a risk I've never had any before.

Atb. Aamcle

I was fortunate to receive a bottle of Old Pulteney, a few Wychwood beers including one I haven't seen before and a copy of "The Brewer's Apprentice"

Chuffed!

A stick blender (to replace one that went bang a few weeks ago when I was making apple butter) an electric toothbrush, a pair of rather funky faux-fur lined blue knitted slippers, fifty 500ml beer/cider bottles (unfortunately all empty, but I'll remedy that soon enough!) 500 crown caps, an 800g tub of quality street, 1/2Lb Taylor's coffee, a jumper, and all the usual little nick-nacks like shower gel and sweets.

A lot of the things I gave were home-made: sloe gin, elderberry stout, apple butter, chutneys and (for my brother and sister-in-law) Christmas tree decorations.

A rather apt bottle of Thwaites 'Old Bob' from my son. :lol: And a few other bottles of beer of the usual suspects. Lancaster Bomber, Bah Humbug and Theakstons. Not tried Old Bob so looking forward to that one later.

2 heavy boxes from SWMBO revealed 5 brewing delights:
Festival Landlord’s Finest Bitter
St Peter’s Ruby Red
Ultimate Brewery Classics German Pilsner Beer Kit
Ultimate Brewery Classics Czech Pils Beer Kit
Santa's Sleigh Ride Special Beer Kit
and a Little Bottler (in a pear tree)!

Will get the Santa's Sleigh Ride on the go in January and then tuck the bottles away for Christmas 2014!

Should be a good 2014! :cheers:

Seen my parents today and had 1001 beers you must try before you die.

Just need to start checking them off.

Think this might get expensive.
yzusavur.jpg

I got a beer paddle and a trial jar, my 3yr old has pinched the paddle and is using it as a bubble swotter and a broomstick, should have got him one of those instead of all those toys!

socks
microbrewers handbook to replace the one I lent to someone and never came back
tickets for the local panto
turkish delight
some money to go towards the new shower

calumscott said:
I was fortunate to receive a bottle of Old Pulteney, a few Wychwood beers including one I haven't seen before and a copy of "The Brewer's Apprentice"

Chuffed!

Old Pulteney is very pleasant, it brings back memories of TST2013 and Rick (DirtyCaner) wearing the Saltire as a cape while passing round the "Breakfast Whisky" to be swigged from the bottle. Didn't do much to dispel national stereotypes but one of the highlights of the day! (Albeit one of many)

Im definately not the christmassy type and dont expect much if anything.

The other half got me a coffee machine. Used it before me then took it back cos they broke it.
The mother got me a pasta maker which went straight in the cupboard with the toastie maker and bread machine although I might give it a go at some point soon.
The sisters bought me nothing but bought my dog two presents each.
Still waiting for one from the grandma (will go through wuen im off work)
And a tie off my boss.

I gave everyone a bottle of wine and an iou for a pick of future brews :)

Michaeldonk said:
Im definately not the christmassy type and dont expect much if anything.

The other half got me a coffee machine. Used it before me then took it back cos they broke it.
The mother got me a pasta maker which went straight in the cupboard with the toastie maker and bread machine although I might give it a go at some point soon.
The sisters bought me nothing but bought my dog two presents each.
Still waiting for one from the grandma (will go through wuen im off work)
And a tie off my boss.

I gave everyone a bottle of wine and an iou for a pick of future brews :)

You need to buy your own presents, then give the **** ones that people brought you that you don't want back to those people next year as their gifts :thumb:

I really cant complain. I truly believe that its the thought that counts. And I did treat myself to a new fv a pilsner and a cervaza in the wilkos sale. And im popping to my friends deli to get some flavourings for my sugar wash today. Might even treat myself to the ingredients for my first AG as well. I need to get one under my brew belt lol :electric:

nobyipa said:
vacuum sealer for me hops
oh and a takamine guitar

:thumb: :cheers: :D :drink:

Nobby,
have you been to Acoustic Avalon at Leicester racecourse run by Sheehans ?
All the major guitar makers exhibit, you can play with any of the goodies,
you get guitar masterclasses from brilliant players, who then give a concert
in the evening. I know its 120 miles from you, but well worth it.
http://www.sheehans.com/acoustic-avalon

Pete

Latest posts

Back