Speidel Braumeister 20 Ltr.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yopf

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Firstly I would like to say a big hello to all, as I am new to the forum. I am about to engage myself into the mystic world of brewing. I have intentions of buying a Speidel Braumeister. Can anybody offer me any feedback on this, rather pricey, piece of equipment. many thanks in advance. Cheers!!

Hello and welcome :thumb:

Have a look herequite a discussion.

And herefor someones brewday experiences.

Though personally I would say that they are expensive and 20L isn't much and you may well be wanting to brew longer lengths in the not so near future. :hmm: :hmm:

graysalchemy said:
Hello and welcome :thumb:

Have a look herequite a discussion.

And herefor someones brewday experiences.

Though personally I would say that they are expensive and 20L isn't much and you may well be wanting to brew longer lengths in the not so near future. :hmm: :hmm:
Cheers. Much appreciate that!!

piddledribble said:
yep...go for a 50 Lt. will last you a lifetime.

Actually makes good sense! With a 20-er one is limited to that measure in its existing state. With a 50-er one can always make smaller batches, as in the case of trying out new brews, etc. Then when the time comes for the big Christmas brew - woop woop!!

Don't think I'd start off with that expensive bit of kit.

Nice, and you'd manage to get rid of it if you didn't want to continue but you'd lose some cash.

Why not get yourself a cheap 30L bolier (maybe a burco or buffalo boiler from Ebay if you don't want to DIY) and go the brew in a bag route until you decide if the hobby is for you! See the BIAB forum.

Stuart

rajboab said:
Don't think I'd start off with that expensive bit of kit.

Nice, and you'd manage to get rid of it if you didn't want to continue but you'd lose some cash.

Why not get yourself a cheap 30L bolier (maybe a burco or buffalo boiler from Ebay if you don't want to DIY) and go the brew in a bag route until you decide if the hobby is for you! See the BIAB forum.

Stuart

:thumb: Thanks for your encouragement!! :cheers:

You can certainly do things cheaper than a Brewmaster but having said that I wish I had bought one. Just my igloo mashtun and buffalo boiler have cost me well over £200 and that could have gone part way towards one.

I would say if money is a bit tight go the traditional boiler/ mashtun route but if you can afford it - go for the Brewmaster.

The advantages as I understand it are:

Loads of control with mash temperatures. Stepped mashes are a breeze. Generally easier to brew with less faffing & less lifting, pouring and carrying heavy amounts of water.

Maybe when my mortgage is paid off! ;-)

piddledribble said:
yep...go for a 50 Lt. will last you a lifetime.

Well, chatting to a German hobby brewer today, he said; Whats the point of brewing only two cases of beer, then waiting five weeks for the results. - good point eh!

Latest posts

Back