Sunday Best....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Sundays, for me are by far the best day of the week.

The only constant is some beer, some wine and a Sunday roast dinner with the whole family around the table.

I cant wait for tomorrow, how do you do yours!?

Either up fairly early and we go for a walk ......

or slow lazy start :roll:

afternoon sport on TV and a drink or two, Sunday roast about 6pm :thumb:

Sunday is our relaxing day, there's only the two of us so we really do have a feet up day :clap:

Unfortunatly for me Sunday is the start of my working week. So even if i did still drink, i couldnt have anything on a Sunday.

Baz Chaz said:
Either up fairly early and we go for a walk ......

or slow lazy start :roll:

afternoon sport on TV and a drink or two, Sunday roast about 6pm :thumb:

Sunday is our relaxing day, there's only the two of us so we really do have a feet up day :clap:

Thats how it should be :thumb:

Up early and walk the dogs, back for coffee and and a bacon buttie.
Potter about until whenever; do whatever....Sunday roast more often than not :cool:

One week in three I get Sunday off and this is the week :party:
Roast tomorrow is lamb....strangely I have an idea to use garlic and sprigs of rosemary :wha:
Up early though as the kids are off to London, then its walking the dog with a bit of foraging.
Bacon and egg butties will probably make a show and the roast at teatime after the footy has finished, followed by a snoozy evening

It varies.

Im so used to getting up at 4/5am for work lieins are a no go for me even if I wanted too.

Tomorrow will be spent working with my mate finishing this year Belchford Downhill Challenge Vehicle. Next Sunday will be spent throwing ourselves down said hill on said vehicle :pray:

Some weekends are spent helping out with the spanners when my mate is Racing.

Some weekends are spent fishing

I like to try and keep things un predictable. Just do what ever you feel. Some of the best days have been totaly unplanned spontaneous days out just me the Mrs and the dog heading out with no reason or direction in mind.

up as late as possible when the kids allow do as little as possible get depressed thinking of work the next day

Get up when I want, kids are a bit older.

might take the boys fishing, mackerel or cod of the barriers.

might brew.

Kids wake me up at 5.30 am and crawl into bed with us where they proceed to drive us nuts by jumping around. Then they usually decide to 'drive' the bed somewhere interesting but not until they have decided to fit our 'seatbelts' (healthy imagination required here and that's not entirely straightforward at that time of the morning).

The day is pretty good though. Making my famous cheese and caramelized-onion bread later, probably a cake with the kids too. Then beers start at 12, cooking lunch and a general lounge around after. If I'm lucky I get to watch the footie if I can prize the remote out of my kids' hands.

Having my family around me is the best way to spend the day. I'm a lucky man!
:cheers:

I hate sundays. I always have this unbearable weight of misery hanging over me as I know its work tomorrow... and I cant even drink that much to drown my sorrows or monday will be terrible.

Why have sundays? Whats the point? Might as well go straight into monday and get it over with!

jonewer said:
I hate sundays. I always have this unbearable weight of misery hanging over me as I know its work tomorrow... and I cant even drink that much to drown my sorrows or monday will be terrible.

Why have sundays? Whats the point? Might as well go straight into monday and get it over with!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can usually put off that feeling until about midnight!

Mrs. Mole has gone to work and won't be home until around 3pm.

I've hung out one line of washing and the machine is going again.

I've already emptied, de-frosted and re-loaded the freezer.

I need to go shopping as we're out of bread and milk although I wouldn't be surprised if some fruit juices fall into the trolley.

I'll be making a start on dinner, which will be served somewhere between 5-6pm, but the meat will be cooking, veggies will be prepped and pudding will be ready to go in the oven.

The mole hole is currently a pig sty and much cleaning and tidying is required.

I also have to mop the kitchen floor, but it doesn't help that someone has been de-stalking elderberries and a few have been dropped and trodden on :whistle:

Around 3:30pm I will be driving 10 miles to collect my Mother, taking her home again around 7:30pm, which means I can't even have a drink until around 8pm!

I fecking hate Sundays! :twisted:

I will have one beer while I watch some of the Grand Prix.

I need to go shopping as we're out of bread and milk although I wouldn't be surprised if some fruit juices fall into the trolley.

Yes ... we're about set to head off to get some essentials. I'm about to suggest that we go to Tesco rather than Sainsbury's (a greater distance) as I know Tesco sell SNPA. I know what the reaction will be as soon as I mention its for beer! I've considered saying that its for another reason but she's not stupid and will see through it immediately!

I'll report back on the outcome later.

Good luck Moley!

Today has been pretty good so far.

Up at 9.30 cos I was knackard & my fold very kindly let me sleep in this morning.
quick cup of tea and 2 bacon butties and it was off to the park with my young one for Tag rugby, & it was also me doing plenty of running around this week as I have agreed to help out with coaching due to lack of numbers (its supprising how often 20 kids want their shoe laces retying), I think i need some studs am claughtered in mud from slipping over so much :roll:

Big joint of beef is sitting on the side getting up to room temp ready to go in about 3pm.

But best of all The sale game is on at 2.15pm on ESPN & its free so feet up and a couple of beers watching that then roast beef and yorkie puds straight after.

Just had a look at last weeks brew and I think its time to keg, so thats early evening taken up after the sprogs are in bed.

Then bed and get some zzzzzzzzzzzzz's work in the morning.

Only 5 days til the national so next sunday will be totally different, (think I might be waking up in a strange hotel room with a bad head and the strong smell of fart in the air :sick: )

UP

With my daughter being a bit poorly I have had to work. No day off this week for me. I had planned roasting a chicken (free range organic, beautiful birds from Creedy Carver in Devon). But as I'm working I'll do a quick prawn sag when I get in, a bottle or two of my wheat/coriander beer and a glass of whisky at bed time.

I am having tomorrow off which involves visiting one of my more bonkers artists to collect some of his wonderful sculptures. I may have to stop at a pub whilst doing this, then back to roast said chicken and slump in front of kids dvds with lego, beer and a pint of cascade ale. Mondays are my weekend. May clean the brewing stuff up and prepare for a mash....just might.

Smells awesome!

beef.jpg

Home grown Maris Pipers propping up some beef :thumb:

That's looking good wez! Looks like a devonshire bake!

Woke up sore as hell afer rugby yesterday, kids fighting over the DS, that wasn't even 7 oclock. went out for a few hours with the kids, came home about 1pm and harvested my hops. Got a beetle in my ear, now that is quite a sensation. Got beetle out of said ear, had sunday roast, Lamb. Finished hop harvest 8pm. Knackered.

Back