tc way to sweet yuck!!!!!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norfolk brew

Reaction score
had a drink of my turbo cider when i was bottleing up. it was so sweet its undrinkable. is there any way of geting the magor sweet taste away or reduce it a bit. any help much apprecated. thanks, ollie

fg??????? sugar to prime bottles ????? lost me lol im new to all this . i put the hydro meter in and it was on the 10% line if that means any thing?? i have only bottled 1 the rest is in a new demi john.

You really need to learn how to read your hydrometer. Hydrometers are marked from 990 (not much sugar) to 1120 (bottle this only if you want an insurance claim). While it varies by bottle I wouldn't put anything higher than 1016 in a glass bottle and even then I'd be wrapping it in a towel or something incase it detonates. :shock:

If you don't know how much sugar is left in a brew you're going to get bottle bombed and trust me..that isn't fun. :nono:

thanks guys im new to all this and yeah was trying to run before i could walk. il inspect the hydro meter later today. il leve the brew for another week and see how it goes. then test again. once again thanks everyone. i may get the hang of it some time soon lol

norfolk brew said:
jus allisons dried yeast as it said on one of the threads / post on here.
Try some young's cider yeast of buy a Wyeast strain that's for cider and make splits for starters.
BB

Latest posts

Back