Tesco and/or Bargain Booze Shopping List

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I do like Marstons Old Empire, ermmm it's raining, it's late but Sainsburys is still open, see you in a bit!

SWMBO and I went to Tesco just now to celebrate my last day of overtime :D

Mine
IMAG0405.jpg

Hers
IMAG0406.jpg

She opened the Golden glory first, preferred the smell to the taste (still she digs the taste too) Can't say I'd drink much of it, bit too floral for my tastes, but glad she found a new'un she likes. She usually goes for the Fuller's Honey when it comes to brew.

Opening up the 1845 I must say I'm quite impressed. Can't say I know all the lingo but it's not too bitter and quite smooth :thumb:

Last few times I've been in Tesco's they've been doing a £8 for 8 x 500ml cans offer on Old Golden Hen (4.1%) which is a very nice golden ale made with Galaxy hops. It's hard to find decent beer for £1 per can or bottle these days, I usually seem to end up having to pay around £1.50 for something decent so I've stocked up with this a couple of times now.

Another long-standing bargain is Lidl's Grafenwalder Pils (4.8%), very cheap (about 90p a can IIIRC, I last got it a couple of months ago so I don't recall exact price), it's a very refreshing lager as long as you like your beer very bitter! (It's not for everyone that's for sure!)

one of the most underrated shops has got to be co op they have a great selection of bottled ales from local brewers and neighboring counties absolutely brilliant :cheers:

my local Tesco has punk IPA which I really like, anything from badger I usually like also (except for the ginger one)

B&M are well worth a forage every now and then. This week mine has been selling Brakspear Triple 330ml bottle for 79p :shock: :party: , Golden Hen £1.39 and various other all under £1.50.

Latest posts

Back