Thank $Deity for through-the-night kids' channels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbloke

Regular.
Reaction score
My lad's poorly, took ages to get off then woke at 11 last night and with the fever and coughing couldn't get back to sleep.
So let him blob in front of the 24hr kiddie channels while I dozed on the sofa.
Tried getting him back to bed once (our bed, turfed the missus out into his, so he wouldn't be on his own), didn't work.
T'missus woke me on her way out to work to send me to a proper bed as he was finally conked out on the beanbag in front of the telly.
Damn useful those giant beanbags

Teething is bad enough never mind if its something worse, hope little one is better soon oldbloke

Giant beanbags are brilliantly useful. On a serious note hope your kid gets better soon.

Oh apart from a bit of a cough he's already over it! Had several days of streaming nose /before/ last night's fever, seems this virus likes to do everything backwards.
Should be back in school tomorrow and OK for the raft-building party on Saturday and karate on Sunday

What is it with raft-building all of a sudden? Nobody did it when I was a kid, my lad's done it 3 times in 5 weeks at birthday parties and Cubs (counting Saturday coming)

[quote="What is it with raft-building all of a sudden? Nobody did it when I was a kid, my lad's done it 3 times in 5 weeks at birthday parties and Cubs (counting Saturday coming)[/quote]

They obviously watch the English weather forcast :lol:

oldbloke said:
Oh apart from a bit of a cough he's already over it! Had several days of streaming nose /before/ last night's fever, seems this virus likes to do everything backwards.
Should be back in school tomorrow and OK for the raft-building party on Saturday and karate on Sunday

What is it with raft-building all of a sudden? Nobody did it when I was a kid, my lad's done it 3 times in 5 weeks at birthday parties and Cubs (counting Saturday coming)
Maybe they are preparing the youth for rising sea levels and flooding in the future......

My two had their jabs on the same day this week, your heart aches for them then you want to scream at them as they keep you awake all night!! :)

Back