THBF Photography Thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cracking shot that! Did you literally just use one exposure? I had been thinking of doing that myself and using bulb mode.

I'm going to Brecon to camp for two nights in the vain hope of getting some star shots. Hopefully we'll have some clear skies!

James

It's not just one exposure. Digital SLRs are not great at long exposures because noise becomes an issue. For this shot I set it to manual exposure, 30 second shutter speed at f4, ISO 400, continuous shooting mode and then with a locking cable release I left it to take one picture after another. Then I combined all the images using a fantastic piece of software called Startrails which you can download for free from http://www.startrails.de

This shot is actually made up of 177 images which is 88.5 minutes of exposure. Point the camera towards the North Star to get the circular trails.

I took this one quite a few weeks back but came across it this evening whilst browsing through other photos I've taken. It's nothing spectacular but there is something that I really like about it; problem is, I can't put my finger on that something. :lol:

James

How do they catch an eel while still holding onto the other eels

cracking pics fellas :thumb: I used to get a few long exposure shots with my 35mm camera, was luck a friends family had a house at Flamborough Head, no light pollution. not sure where my pics have gone though.

Evening All,

One of my all time favorites of a couple of friends caught in the act in the back streets of Madrid.

A

288676651_477175bb09_b.jpg

I took this today after visiting the Heritage Park. I thought it was fitting that it is in black and white. Any criticisms?

James

set-72157636466908815

I managed a few shots last week on a trip to the hbs in Glasgow, was blessed with great light for a change.

Three landscapes I've dug out. By far, most of my shots have been of the family in recent years! The bottom one was for a header in a mate's rambling book.

FakeLakecropsmall-1.jpg

IMG_0320DPPSmall.jpg

IMG_3416Pancrop2PinkGrad900.jpg

I like the bottom one...it also fits well into that format

I'm not sure if I really like this one. I like the lighting as it's interesting but there's something about the image that doesn't grab me. I also don't like the fact that there are two turbines missing and one turned off. I think it's just the lighting that I like...

James

Excuse the background but here is a picture of my uncles dog that I took earlier. It took me ages to get this shot!

James

some nice photos there
ill put some up later

anyone watch the Fro on youtube?

Back