The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climbdowns​

Under pressure from its MPs, the government has been forced into a series of embarrassing climbdowns since the mini-budget, including U-turning on a plan to scrap the top rate of income tax.
Experts believe Mr Kwarteng will have to row back on more of his tax cuts or drastically cut public spending.
On Tuesday, the Institute for Fiscal Studies think tank warned government departments could see "big and painful cuts" of up to £60bn a year to balance the books when Mr Kwarteng announces his economic plan on 31 October.
Sir John Gieve, a former deputy governor for fiscal stability at the Bank of England, said the Bank had primarily stepped in to protect pension funds, many of which hold government bonds as investments.
However, he said the "underlying problem" was that investors did not believe the government would be able to cut spending enough before its growth measures took effect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63211743

Is that what I posted 😂😂

Yes but its a very long article so I thought i would bring one of better parts of it here, time for another U turn i think . ;)

Mr Kwarteng will have to row back on more of his tax cuts or drastically cut public spending.

Do the realists in the Republic want anything to do with Northern Ireland?
There was a conference in Dublin recently discussing what a United Ireland may look like.

Ever since Brexit, people south of the border are talking more about the possibilities and the practicalities of a United Ireland.

Brexit opened a pandoras box of nationalism across both islands.

There was a conference in Dublin recently discussing what a United Ireland may look like.

Ever since Brexit, people south of the border are talking more about the possibilities and the practicalities of a United Ireland.

Brexit opened a pandoras box of nationalism across both islands.
My daughter was at it, she's 17 and travelled down with her friends from school. She's very much into Irish history, I plan to attend the next one in Belfast on the 23rd of November.

Refreshing to hear different views.
It is.
David McWilliams was talking about what he thinks a United Ireland would look like.

He suggests a new National Anthem, Flag and a federal style system.
Not to turn a United Ireland into a zero sum game

It is.
David McWilliams was talking about what he thinks a United Ireland would look like.

He suggests a new National Anthem, Flag and a federal style system.
Not to turn a United Ireland into a zero sum game
My mind is open to all suggestions, it's clear that the current setup doesn't work.

Pound Plunges As Bank Of England Boss Warns Pensions Bail-Out Has Just Three Days Left

In 4 weeks Truss has destroyed both the economy and the Tory party.

Pound Plunges As Bank Of England Boss Warns Pensions Bail-Out Has Just Three Days Left

In 4 weeks Truss has destroyed both the economy and the Tory party.
... and potentially the lives of everyone who is retired, or plans to retire at some point.

If this happened in France there would be a revolution and the government forced to step down, like in 1968.
That tw*t Snooty said
Truss’s plan for growth will turnaround our fortunes.

Replace our with my and he’s right.

There must be lights,A lot of lights burning very late.Both in Tory party HQ and Tory members homes.

What Truss needs is a bunker,A big deep bunker.!!!
Just like the one Hitler had.

Latest posts

Back