The next Malt buy by the South Cheshire Co-operative

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orders for the December buy will open 1st November and close end of the day 11th December for anticipated delivery w/c 19/12

For any new members, who might be a bit confused by this post, we have a closed website for members of this forum. We are a not for profit collective who combines demand from home brewers for malt and hence buy in bulk. We have so far bought over 15 tonnes of malt

You express an interest through the website and when we are ready to buy we ask you for payment

You collect your malt either from Sandbach or Wigan - we also encourage people to link up to collect and are often able to co-ordinate to areas such as Ellesmere Port and Derby

If you would like access to the website please pm me

Last edited:
Hi there,

Does anyone know if there's a similar co-op down here in Kent / South East?
If you don't have any luck going down that route, you can usually find a local brewery who is happy to sell you a sack or two if you offer them somewhere between wholesale and retail price for it. Some can be funny about it apparently but I've never had a problem. And you are kind of limited to their regular malts, it's more complicated for everyone if you're trying to put "extras" onto their order.

One of our members here is an economist who is a purchasing manager for a major food brand. He is predicting that next year's prices from Crisp will be in the region of £6 per 25kg bag dearer than this year's. We don't, of course, know for sure, and I do have to say that I feared a greater increase. So just a reminder that our group buy for this year (at current prices) will close for orders on 11th December

By way of an update, we do need to change the rules for the next group buy

So far we have said that we will leave orders open until 11th December, however, we are already up to 87 X 25kg bags - so when we reach 120 sacks (i.e. 3 pallets, 3 tonnes) we will need to close the order, so basically don't dilly-dally

As per the previous post, our best guess re next year is that we will see at least a £6 per 25 kg sack price increase

Pm me if you need details on how to access the website

We've added to the 3kg bags we offer so the full list is now

Chocolate
Light Munich
Vienna
Wheat malt
Dextrin
Rice hulls
Amber
Cara30
CaraGold
Crystal 100
Crystal 240
Naked Malted oats

If you need access to our closed website please just pm me

I've got to the point where the order shows as being in my cart?

1669381135149.png

Morning all.

All payment requests should now be in your mailbox's for those participating.
Once you have made payment please wait 24 hours before chasing for confirmation, due to work and child commitments i am unable to update these real-time :-).

Hopefully all payments will be in for the end of this week allowing the order to be processed early next week with delivery 72 hours after that.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cjibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back