TheRedDarrens bottle swap.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame, missed this one.
Interestingly, it was my birthday a couple of months ago and my daughter arranged for a parcel of ten bottles of beer to be sent through the post to me (some online craft beer website). They arrived completely intact but the packaging was just a cardboard box - no polystyrene or other padding. Makes you think...

Ok, winners were scientifically picked by my random number generator ( the missus shouting out numbers)
Winners are; Notlaw, Chuff76, Beercat, Leon103 and Hoddy.
Pm me your address' please chaps and what beer you'd like.

Chuffed to bits :mrgreen:

Hey dudes, I just wanted to apologise for being late getting these sent out.
Life is a bit crazy at the moment.
I will get them in the post this week.

They are finally in the post, just dropped them off ten minutes ago. I do apologies chaps, I run my own business and this time of year my feet don't touch the ground! Plus I've had a few other things happen, but its looks like its calming down a bit now so fingers crossed to a better half of the year!
Three of you have gone for the pale ale, now, this one has only been in the bottle for 2 weeks so far (the father in law, my brother and myself demolished the old batch once it had conditioned up), I'd recommend giving it another two weeks cold conditioning before trying it, on saying that, I had a taster the other day and its pretty good already. Your choice but I'd leave it for a fortnight.
The Belgian and the AIPA however are really good at the mo so get stuck in right away (after a few hours in the fridge, obviously).
Anyways, they'll be with you by the weekend hopefully, enjoy.
D.

They are finally in the post, just dropped them off ten minutes ago. I do apologies chaps, I run my own business and this time of year my feet don't touch the ground! Plus I've had a few other things happen, but its looks like its calming down a bit now so fingers crossed to a better half of the year!
Three of you have gone for the pale ale, now, this one has only been in the bottle for 2 weeks so far (the father in law, my brother and myself demolished the old batch once it had conditioned up), I'd recommend giving it another two weeks cold conditioning before trying it, on saying that, I had a taster the other day and its pretty good already. Your choice but I'd leave it for a fortnight.
The Belgian and the AIPA however are really good at the mo so get stuck in right away (after a few hours in the fridge, obviously).
Anyways, they'll be with you by the weekend hopefully, enjoy.
D.

#legend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After 48 hours in the fridge I couldn't resist.

I am not also good at describing what I can taste but I know good beer and this was certainly one. It's right up my street and I actually have a similar brew that I made last October with Apollo, Columbus and citra.

Lovely fruity aroma and flavour. Tasted bitter to start with which I like but as it came to room temperature this subsided and I got some sweetness that just made me want to drink more. Strong grapefruit taste and wonderful mouth feel. Great head that laced down to the last drop.

Past it to my wife without saying what it was or who made it. She said

"Woooo smells nice. (Tastes some) hmmm I like that. I've had it before". I explained where it was from and she agreed it was very similar to my brew. I think I have a bottle left somewhere. Would you like that instead of the porter? I would think a lot of hop flavour would have dispersed by now though.

Thanks once again.

image.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Leon, really appreciate it mate!
I'm glad you like it, I have to be honest it's one of my favourite beers now, something I'll be making on a regular basis.
I'll take anything you recommend, although if it's your last of a batch I'd feel a bit guilty!
I don't think there is a style of beer that I don't like so, really, anything you suggest and are happy to part with would be great.

I'm currently itching to try pale that turned up a little while ago. But I will stay strong and resist until it's ready [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back