towicz cherry syrup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasea3632

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was in tesco today and spotted some polish cherry syrup and would like to know if anyone as ever used it in a wine if so can you post the recipe if not then a few suggestions as to how to achieve the best cherry flavoured wine possible
many thanks
Jase

Take a look at this topic. The recipe that I concocted is about one third of the way down page 1.

I still haven't tried the cherry syrup, although I have a bottle in the cupboard, but the strawberry and raspberry turned out well. Adding the cordials late leaves plenty of fruity flavour in the finished wines.

Cherry & Choclate wine:

Bottle of cherry stuff
Half a bottle of the cholate syrup (Askeys Dark cholate treat)
Wine yeast
Yeast nuitent
I forget but about 400g of sugar (i remember just tipping about half a bag of sugar)
Campden tablet
Powdered gelatine

Made up like you would with any wine
Addd gelatine to get the liquid clear after about a week of fermentation (as in second photo)
Campden tablet to stop fermentation and keep a little sweetness in the wine

GetAttachment.jpg

The cherry stuff cost about £1.50 and 50p for the chocolate sauce from tesco

8.jpg

Most of the cholate dropped to the bottom but leaves a nice charactor and richness to the wine

GetAtta00chment.jpg

I left it alone and forgot about it for a few months and just the other day came across it, stuck it in a rosé bottle to see if anyone would notice it was homemade. It ened up all being swigged and enjoyed and was suprising strong, beautiful clear with a lovely colour.

I will be trying this again but tweeking it a bit but not decided how just yet,
takes a while to fermemnt and melow but is well wourth a bash if u have an empty DJ :)
I know its not really a wine without grape juice but I was trying not to over complicate the flavours
and think it turned out well without (just incase anyone was going to say arr but...)

Back