Triskel Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
French. The Alsace region seems to be coming out with a few varieties now. Last year the new Aramis version became available and I found it strange but then I suppose Alsace / Strasbourg are practically in Germany.

For those interested I brewed with these for the first time yesterday. On opening the bag I was hit with an aroma that could probably best be described as fruitcake and citrus. The more I smelt them the more I could identify a similar arome to that of citra hops. At 7.32% AA they were also good for dual purpose and as there seems to be so little written about them on the internet I did the following single hop beer to try and suss them out:

5Gallons
Strike: 12L @ 76oC
Mash: 120 min @ 67oC NO MASH OUT

4kg Maris Otter
740g Munich Malt
260g Wheat malt

Sparge: to 5G with 80oC Liquor

@60 - 10g Triskel Whole hop 7.32%AA
@15 - 15g Triskel Whole Hop 7.32%AA
@10 - 20g Triskel Whole Hop 7.32%AA
@5 - 20g Triskel Whole Hop 7.32%AA
@0 - 10g Triskle Whole Hop 7.32%AA

Crash Cool and top upto 5G again.

OG 1.043
Aerate and add 1/2 tsp Yeastvit
Yeast: safale US-05 dehydrated

OK, new to me... and I recently had a couple of beers made with this hop.

First one was on a keg that was undescribed to me... I took a whiff... .and thought... "floral" , took a sip... "Jasmine"

I was convinced I was drinking a Jasmine infused beer - not so - this was just a Triskel 'smash'.

A few weeks later... another beer... same aroma and taste.

Delicious.

I bought some of these when the MaltMiller was selling them for £1, I think they would be good in a Saison.

Latest posts

Back