waiting out the clock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceo

Landlord.
Reaction score
my son has epilepsy and i think todays going to be a trip to A&E.

was under the weather/stressed last night but slept well but is very sleepy this morning and is having strong myoclonic jerks outside of his normal patten so have held off on his breakfast and this mornings med for the time being as iv started to wait out the clock as his last 2 full seizure had been within an hour (50 minutes as i type) of the myoclonic jerks.

the mrs and baby are still in bed, iv got his anti seizure meds to hand ready just in case

its not a nice feeling sat here wait knowing what might happen in the next hour and there is not alot is can do to stop it

. sorry about posting this but as i dont what to stress the mrs out i had to talk to some one.

listening to you and hoping for the best....

Crikey, hopefully it settles down now he is relaxed.
If not I hope the trip to A&E is safe and swift.

sam.k said:
Crikey, hopefully it settles down now he is relaxed.
If not I hope the trip to A&E is safe and swift.

we are past the hour point and it seem to have passed as he is escaping from his chair and trashing the front room while im making his breakfast.

p.s the little bugger has tried to bite my foot while im typing so i think hes fine :party:

could do with out stress at this time of the morning .

is it to early for a pint. so another coffee it is

Its not easy being a parent....

they don't give you a manual and your expected to know it all.

piddledribble said:
Its not easy being a parent....

they don't give you a manual and your expected to know it all.

you sound like a wise man. im sure there is a kindle book somewhere. as the paper copy would be huge

Glad to hear all is well for far so good , i have a lad (now 15) but he used to get asthma when he was 2 and even went to hospital abroad when he was having an attack . wow that was worrying , seeing this little fellow hooked up to machines and such like and him sounding like a 40 fags a day old man . Glad those days are behind me . I wish you and your child all the best mate .

Good to hear thongs are looking better after a couple of hours. Its very difficult not to panic when it comes down to your kids... Even if its a regular occurance.

Thanks guys

He's not had a fit but is still under the weather. He's with the Mrs and nanny as I'm laying flooring at my dad's . Or was we have run out of wood so off for a pint and some lunch

I know 2 people, both adults, that suffer from epilepsy and I can only feel for you and your family. It is not an easy condition to live with but modern medication does give you hope.

We give him meds for it but as we have changed it in the last few weeks and as he has only had w full fits in the last few months we dont know the triggers or Patten . So we can only look out for what has happened before so it's better to be on alert with every thing to hand and keep an eye on the time as meds are to be give at 5 minutes in and the ambulance crew always want a time line . So I video as much as can on my phone ( I know that's sounds strange but it's easyer to show a doctor/a&e )

glad to hear the day was comparatively uneventful. Being a parent can be tough at the best of times, never mind with something like epilepsy thrown in for good measure. Kind of puts Scarlett colouring the wallpaper and sofas in into context. Enjoy the pint - you definitely earned it!

Glad to hear everything turned out fine!

I remember seeing my first one, I was 12 and it was my best friend at scholl. It was horrible to watch, and must be even worse when it's your child.

As the 2 fits have been at home with both of use in the house . We just do what its needed . I tend to stay with him and clean him up after he's.been sick and watch the clock the Mrs dials 999 and gives details . She always goes to a&e with him while I clean up . Then I catch up at the hospital . We both know medical info that can bring the doctors up to speed.
You just switch into auto then when every thing it back to normal you can process every thing it might take a few days for everything to catch up

Latest posts

Back