what can i do with these

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps51

Landlord.
Reaction score
hi sorry if this is in the wrong place
right what can I do with 15 cartons of apple juice

need a Recipe
I only did beer upto the time a stopped due to ill health
so now looking to do other type of brewing
where I don't need to lift heavy things like 5 gallons of water

Wilkinsons has a cider yeast. I didn't notice until a few weeks ago. Though you could probably get a packet from Crossmyloof delievered for the same price.

Get 10 x 1 litre bottles of Red Grape Juice and follow the video in this thread substituting 1.5 litres of apple juice for the orange juice and a litre of Red Grape Juice for the White grape juice.

The videos are in this thread (first post) the recipe is below (also in the first post in the thread linked to below)

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

Rosé wine

1 litre Red grape juice.

1.5 litre Apple Juice.

750g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine. (optional)

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

IDShot_225x225.jpg
5051413484562_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

In all fairness: apple juice is nice, save half of it for summer and drink it? And the other half needs sugar, yeast and tea and could become apple wine/cider. I read somewhere that ale yeast with low attenuation can leave some sugar residu in the juice, making it not bone dry. Just my 2 pence.

need a Recipe
I only did beer upto the time a stopped due to ill health
so now looking to do other type of brewing
where I don't need to lift heavy things like 5 gallons of water
Standard TC recipe. For 15L of juice, that would be half a teaspoon of tannin, half a teaspoon of yeast nutrient, two desert spoons of malic acid and a couple of spoonful's of sugar. Mix the dry ingredients together thoroughly so that the tannin doesn't clump and add to an FV with your juice. add wine/cider yeast and let it go. If you don't want it to blow your socks off, you can let that out with up to 3l of water without risking having it go off in the bottle.

well many thanks guys
I'm of to go and order the things I need to start to brew this
just one thing how long will it take in the fv
before I put in to bottles

just one thing how long will it take in the fv
before I put in to bottles

If you are making the wine i linked to above its approximately 7 days for fermentation (less as our hoses warm up in summer) then two days for clearing.

Latest posts

Back