What can possibly go wrong?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuffolkBrewery

Reaction score
Hello,

I will soon embark on a brewing odyssey of such enormous magnitude and style that it will change the face of British beer forever. Or to be perfectly honest, I'm going to start home brewing for the first time in my garage.

While I have had a passion for real ale all my adult life I have never made a drop of it myself. Now have the urge to do so. I understand the basic brewing process, but am without any of the below:

- Equipment
- Knowledge
- Experience
- An understanding wife (I do have a wife, but she's just not very understanding)

And so I have been reading, lurking on forums like this and all those other things required before plucking up the courage to take the plunge. I like shiny things very much. Shiny things look expensive but I can cope with that. I can not cope so much with feats of engineering brilliance, so I would much rather get something off the shelf (or at least idiot proof). I shall call this new empire the Suffolk Brewery (a clue as to my location).

I look forward to learning a lot and enjoying my time here.

Cheers!

Thanks. Although I want to be lazy and go with the ready-made shiny, I think the plastic fermenter and maybe a brupak electric boiler and mash tun may be the more obvious route (I'm going straight to all grain - in for a penny, in for a pound!)

Back