What to buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like ur sorted, might be worth getting some high AA hops to save on the pricy ones when not much aroma will get through-

on a related note, i took advantage of the simply hops 5kg bales while they were going cheap- so if u need some cheap 2011 hops im looking to part with 500g of marynka 8% (supposedly dual purpose) and 500g perle-10% newly vacpacked (in the full 500g amounts, mostly still v compressed from original shipping) these when opened would easily keep 6 months wrapped in the freezer, would be able to do for cheaper than most- £17 for the 1kg delivered and tracked- before paypal or via other method- that would keep u brewing for a while, could also throw in a wee sample of some belgian 3787 (bit more of belgain if dont mind a 2nd gen topcrop over a 1st gen yeast cake) and or safale lager yeast to grow up aswell- think the bonus yeast justifys my fiver earned :ugeek:

Black Malt isn't expensive but a little goes a very long way as a lot of the time you may only use it for getting a darker colour in your standard bitters or using it in Stouts possibly Porters. I would get the smallesy amount you can. if any. and look to use your cash on yeast instead.

The advice to plan out 3 or 4 or more is very good and I recommend it strongly.

I'll have a read and think of a few recipes over the long weekend before i put my order in.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Andy

Latest posts

Back