When do new season American hops arrive

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markpeace

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to give a simcoe-y amarillo-y brew a go, and am aware that these are pretty scarce outside of the yearly new season delivery. Out of interest, when in the year is this?

M.

Anytime now.However be warned when they are available buy extra , i got caught out the other year but not last , still putting citra, chinook etc in my brews most retailers been out of stock for ages

When they do become available I'm going to buy a billion tons of them as I love hoppy APA's, etc and I'm fed up mucking around trying to find substitutes and alternatives for practically every recipe I do.

Be warned - there might not be much left once I'm finished!

K

It wouldn't surprise me if certain varieties will not be available at all as they'll all have gone to pre order....again :roll: ...such is the popularity of US hops at the mo :cool: :drink:

I have got 1.8Kg in total of willamette, cascade and chinnock from a certain sponsor at a good price :whistle: :whistle:

I think I have a few years of odd job pale ale brewing :party: :party:

From the first website that came up in google...

"Harvest begins by late August and can last just over a month depending upon the size of the farm and the varieties harvested."

They then get processed and baled which takes a couple of days, then the FDA have to grade them... I bet that takes a wee while...

...then there's the process of selling and shipping so all in all the "about now" guesstimate seems right.

Rob? Rob??? Can I have some... damn, this'll get expensive...

Ah, the good ole Royal Mail are sometimes pretty good. Only dropped it off at the local post office about one-ish yesterday. :hat: to them!

Rob said on the other forum that they are imminent and he'll let us know when they arrive. Hope he's bought enough!

Thanks guys. I'm resisting repeatedly pressing f5 on the malt miller in paranoia that someone will get to them first...

:twisted: I work no more than 5 mins drive from him...

...as soon as he has them, I'm there!!!

Right. thats it, I'm packing up my tent and camping out in his front garden

Latest posts

Back