Where to Buy BIAB Kits????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
Ok so iv been and picked up a brew fridge and while I was at the fellow Homebrewers man cave (witch was awesome) I was given a pecco boiler and some demijohns' WOOWHOO awesome. So now I'm going to be plunging into BIAB alot sooner than I thought. So where can I purchase such a kit?

Do they not sell that swag at Leyland? Have you tried that HB shop in Darwen? That's only a couple of miles from you.

http://darwenhomebrew.com

Leyland probably do/will sell BIAB kits but they don't advertise them online and iv never looked or asked about them in store. Iv been to the Darwen HBS and I didn't like it. It didn't compare much to Leyland at all. Seems abit bare to me. I'll be having a drive over to Leyland tomorrow as I need some more bottles so ill see what they say. I was hoping someone might know of a good site to purchase a kit from.

So now I'm going to be plunging into BIAB alot sooner than I thought. So where can I purchase such a kit?

Have you checked out the suppliers offering discounts in the announcement forum?

I have had a couple from homebrew company and they have been good. Cheaper to make your own recipes up though. Do you have any recipe books? What do you like to drink?

Sorry for noob question, but using BIAB method, do you use the same recipes and quantities as you would for conventional AG, only you use a bag instead of a mash tun? Is that the only difference?

I have had a couple from homebrew company and they have been good. Cheaper to make your own recipes up though. Do you have any recipe books? What do you like to drink?

On my Kindle I've got:

Brewing Britain: "The quest for the perfect pint." by Andy Hamilton. UK

Brew it Yourself: "Make your own wine, beer, cider ..." by Nick Moyle & Richard Hood. UK

Brewing Beer: "4 simple steps ..." by Dave "Homebrew" Hendricks. USA

Beer Brewing Made Easy: Boxed Set. USA

They all have some great recipes in them but a word of warning; if you use any recipes from the USA books make sure that you are using the USA measures for liquids. The are:

USA
Pint = 16 ounces of water.
Quart = 32 ounces of water.
Gallon = 128 ounces (8 pounds) of water.

Whereas:

UK
Pint = 20 ounces of water.
Quart = 40 ounces of water.
Gallon = 160 ounces (10 pounds) of water.

It will ruin ANY recipe if you mix up the measurements. :nono: :nono:

Sorry for noob question, but using BIAB method, do you use the same recipes and quantities as you would for conventional AG, only you use a bag instead of a mash tun? Is that the only difference?

Pretty much,,,,,,,,,,I think,,,,,,,,,,,I hope lol.

Yeh bud.

If you're looking for basic recipes Rob, you can't go wrong with the Greg Hughes Homebrew Beer book. It has loads of simple recipes for all sorts of styles. You can use them for BIAB without changing anything and will be much cheaper than getting a kit. Good luck with it.:thumb:

Cheers for all the info guys. I think ill have to purchase this book then. Just dipped my toe in and steeped some grain and flaked maize in my vintage baby burco ha ha. Its been added to a Coopers Mexican cerveza. Hoping it will bulk it out a little. :D

+1 on the Greg Hughes book. His recipes are my next step after brewing a few AG kits from Worcester hop shop, around 10 to 12 quid for an AG kit that far exceeds any one or two can kits. Done over a dozen now with the BIAB method and learned quite a bit along the way....
Do it, you won't regret it :thumb:

Latest posts

Back