Where to get an auto siphon that actually works

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leard

Reaction score
Clearly auto siphons are the best way to rack and bottle beer. I've only ever owned one that I got off of Amazon and frankly, it was a piece of ****. Where have people bought them and have them actually work as they're supposed to?

Clearly auto siphons are the best way to rack and bottle beer. I've only ever owned one that I got off of Amazon and frankly, it was a piece of s**t. Where have people bought them and have them actually work as they're supposed to?

I have this one and it works perfectly: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FY1HKYI/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_dUqUEbRYEWJCN

I have owned a few others that have either stopped half way through and required me to stir up the trub or just started letting in lots of air. Maybe they are a bit temperamental, but I've had luck with that one.

All 3 of my auto syphons have worked fine. I've always bought from a HBS supply on-line. Theres one brand where they have 3 sizes of autosyphon the middle size is the best for a 25l fv as its not too long but still gets down to the bottom. the italian auto-syphon from the same company that does the metal 2 handed bottle capper with red handles worked well too. I did put one of my autosyphons in the diswasher and that warped the seal so thats not recommended.

sorry I can't remember anything more specifically. Too much home brew 😳

Latest posts

Back