Wilco Cerveza

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks, I was ordering some non brewing things from Wilco and decided to get a Cerveza kit to get the free delivery, I also ordered a Muntons 500G Light Spray Malt to give it a boost, should I just add 500G of sugar instead of 1kg with adding the 500G of spray malt

From My Notes
I brewed this quite a few times last go at it in late 2021 I used the kit yeast 1 kg of Muntons light spray malt with 3 table spoons of white sugar made to 21 litres started gravity was 1042 finished at 1011 making a brew of 4.07 %

When I brewed this early 2021 swapping the Yeast for (M Jacks) M54 Californian larger yeast with 20 ltr 2x light spray malt starting Gravity 1040 finished on the dry side 1006 making a brew of 4.46 %

When brewed in 2020 with kit yeast to 22ltr 500gram light spray malt + 800grams of brewing sugar started @ 1040 finished 1006 = 4.46%
my notes from this batch were "tasting top notch after 5 weeks in the keg"

hope this helps

From My Notes
I brewed this quite a few times last go at it in late 2021 I used the kit yeast 1 kg of Muntons light spray malt with 3 table spoons of white sugar made to 21 litres started gravity was 1042 finished at 1011 making a brew of 4.07 %

When I brewed this early 2021 swapping the Yeast for (M Jacks) M54 Californian larger yeast with 20 ltr 2x light spray malt starting Gravity 1040 finished on the dry side 1006 making a brew of 4.46 %

When brewed in 2020 with kit yeast to 22ltr 500gram light spray malt + 800grams of brewing sugar started @ 1040 finished 1006 = 4.46%
my notes from this batch were "tasting top notch after 5 weeks in the keg"

hope this helps
This helps immensely Bud, I think I should start keeping notes too, I`m going for your 2020 version. Thanks a bunch. Johnny.

This was my first kit earlier this year after returning to home brewing after a very long break. Maybe my technique was poor, but it took 11 weeks in the bottle before it became good. I only used 1kg brewing sugar so that may well be a factor. Not trying to put you off, just saying that for me it took a while to not scream homebrew... Good luck with yours!

This was my first kit earlier this year after returning to home brewing after a very long break. Maybe my technique was poor, but it took 11 weeks in the bottle before it became good. I only used 1kg brewing sugar so that may well be a factor. Not trying to put you off, just saying that for me it took a while to not scream homebrew... Good luck with yours!
Cheers mate

Latest posts

Back