Coopers Canadian Blonde Ale.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damienair

Landlord.
Reaction score
Last year I tried a Coopers Canadian Blonde Ale made with 1Kg of light dry malt extract and the kit yeast. After a week I made up a hop tea with Citra and mosaic hops. The result was a beautiful beer with subtle hop flavours from the hops. Cheap and cheerful but absolutely delicious. It didn’t last too long and got a big thumbs up from my next door neighbour. So I’ve decided to stick it on again. This time I made it with 1Kg of light dry malt extract, 200g of brewing sugar and substituted the kit yeast for Verdant IPA yeast. It’s been on for almost two weeks. On Thursday I added Citra and Mosaic hops as a hop tea. I was planning to bottle it tomorrow but it is still going. I’ll leave it a few days. Looking forward to it. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Not had a beer since Christmas. I’ve been trying to lose the Covid stone and an extra one since October. 20 lbs down. Almost there. But I’m going to take it easier with the consumption of the Homebrew going forward. A garage full of beer 🍺, resisting the temptation.

Bottled the beer earlier today. Had a sip from the trial jar and it was lovely. I’ll update in a month.

The Coopers Canadian Blonde is a great kit if you want to try pimping a kit. I’m just cracked over a bottle of this batch and it’s absolutely delicious. Really really nice. It’s fruity, nicely balanced and tastes like a IPA, but mellow and not too punchy. I’m not doing it justice, it’s just a beautiful beer. Cooper Canadian Blonde kit, 1Kg of light dry malt extract, 200g of brewing sugar and substituted the kit yeast for Verdant IPA yeast. Dry hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops. I’ll be making this up exactly the same way again. I’ve 40 more pints of it left which I’ll save for another 2-3 months. It’s going to be a perfect back garden BBQ beer. 🍻

Attachments

• IMG_0540.jpeg
    IMG_0540.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
i like there blonde a lot. i have made it almost the exact same way with zamba instead of mosaic . . but mosaic just as good. also done it as a lager with diamond lager yeast. your pic isnt doing it justice it does look better in person . in first post you said you used hop tea but in the last one you said dry hopped. for some reason for me a i have gotten better aroma with a hop tea than with dry hopping but i may not be dry hopping at the optimal times.

i like there blonde a lot. i have made it almost the exact same way with zamba instead of mosaic . . but mosaic just as good. also done it as a lager with diamond lager yeast. your pic isnt doing it justice it does look better in person . in first post you said you used hop tea but in the last one you said dry hopped. for some reason for me a i have gotten better aroma with a hop tea than with dry hopping but i may not be dry hopping at the optimal times.
Yes sorry. It was a hop tea. The finishing hops were supplied in hop tea bags. 2 x Citra Hop Tea Bags and 1 x Mosaic Hop Tea Bag. I put the Hop Tea Bags into a bowl and added hot water. Left it for 10 minutes and added it to the Fermentation Bucket. When ever I add hops to a brew I always put them into a hop sock and make a hop tea. But I still say that I’ve dry hopped it.

Latest posts

Back