Wilko sweet newkie brown

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think it may be a tad sweet or strong enough to run a car on. She wanted to make a xmas type brew

I think it will be fine and well enjoyed by all! I am hoping to try some proper homebrewing in the new year by buying hops etc.... does anyone know a good book with guidance - I spotted one in Lakeland?

I had a few last night. All I can say is wow!!!!! This is nice even when brewed according to instructions. Crystal clear and ice cold :)

This kit is a cracker, only been in the bottle 3 weeks but it's very nice. Have my dad with us for Christmas and he loves it, I struggled to get him to try anything else. He likes it (and the price!) so much it looks like he's going to take up home brew!

Try adding 500g medium spray malt as well mate! Awesome

Checked my notes last night and that's pretty much what I did, I used 500g brewing sugar and 500g enhancer which I believe is 50/50 sugar and medium spray malt.

Just done a count and my dad destroyed my supplies while he was down, only have a few bottles left. It's been my favourite kit to date tho, think I'll buy another couple and brew one up for my dad for fathers day.

Just had my first taste of this kit after starting my first batch if home brew. Pleased with it.

Instructions for brewing were good. Added 1kg beer kit enhancer instead of sugar. Fg was 1011.

Beer tastes like newkie brown, maybe a little thinner but still good. Happy to drink it again. It has a slightly yeasty note on it but that's probably the brewer not the kit. Reading other comments I will leave the other bottles for another few weeks.

Back