Would you still vote for Brexit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you voted Yes to Brexit would you still do so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
as well as brussels and brugge ypres is a great place to visit not as touristy as brugge or as big but certainly worth being there for the last post at the menin gate with a number of great bars in the vicinity.

These things don't get mentioned much around brexit and I admit I don't know much about them and could be getting this all wrong but the way I see it is. It all started as just a free trade agreement and was a good thing for all when it got beyond that it never seemed try try and tackle the issues of why people move from east to west to get more money. I so should have been a force to deal with the migrant crisis but totally failed. The euro was never a good idea and just caused a big boom followed by a big bust for many. I could have dealt with Amazon, starbucks etc avoiding corperation tax. Instead it seems to be about putting red tape everywhere which bid multinationals can deal with but there smaller competition can't.

This has already been mentioned, it gives those that wanted to stay the opertunity to make it look like more people have now changed their mind about leaving by voting No.
That's different to a loaded question though, a loaded question is designed to lead the respondent to answer the way you want them to - what you're describing is a concerted effort by respondents to skew the answer. I'm interested to know why the question is loaded.

These things don't get mentioned much around brexit and I admit I don't know much about them and could be getting this all wrong but the way I see it is. It all started as just a free trade agreement and was a good thing for all when it got beyond that it never seemed try try and tackle the issues of why people move from east to west to get more money. I so should have been a force to deal with the migrant crisis but totally failed. The euro was never a good idea and just caused a big boom followed by a big bust for many. I could have dealt with Amazon, starbucks etc avoiding corperation tax. Instead it seems to be about putting red tape everywhere which bid multinationals can deal with but there smaller competition can't.
The EU has never really just being about trade, right back to when it was first established as the European Steel and Coal, one of the reasons given for it by Robert Schumann (French Foreign Minister) was to ”make war not only unthinkable but materially impossible", with the community estabilishing a common market for coal and steel helping to neutralise competition between its member states over resources.

Today the concept of a war between European powers is pretty much unimaginable but in the fifties it was only a few years after the horrors of the Second World War, (with two major European conflicts being within living memory of much of the population). The point is the EU and it’s predecessor have never being just about free trade.

In defence of the Euro arguably Greece and potentially Italy should not have being allowed to join. But one big advantage is it removes exchange rate volatility within the block.

Amazon and Starbucks would find a ways to avoid tax regardless, tax havens have pretty much existed as long as tax has, you don’t think all those companies are incorporated in the Cayman Islands for the weather do you.

As for red tape the EU has arguably reduced not increased red tape, you are always going to need some degree of regulation and better to have one set to deal with across multiple counties than have to deal with 20+ different regulatory systems. Here is how you currently export to mainland Europe, find customer to buy product, pack product, dispatch via courier of your choice.

That's different to a loaded question though, a loaded question is designed to lead the respondent to answer the way you want them to - what you're describing is a concerted effort by respondents to skew the answer. I'm interested to know why the question is loaded.

Maybe loaded was the wrong word but i assume the OP meant it gives those that wanted to stay the opportunity to make it look like more people have now changed their mind about leaving by voting No and to be honest i think you already knew that.

Maybe a better question is regardless of what you voted, from what you have seen since then, have you changed your mind? Yes or no?. Pretty pointless to be fair.

Maybe loaded was the wrong word but i assume the OP meant it gives those that wanted to stay the opportunity to make it look like more people have now changed their mind about leaving by voting No and to be honest i think you already knew that.
No, and I've already said earlier in this thread that anyone who who try to skew the result in that way would be ridiculous. A loaded question's a loaded question, and this ain't a loaded question. If you're concerned about deliberate sabotage of the poll why not have the OP add to the question options for those who voted remain to see if any have changed their mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back