Youngs Cider Kit With Extra Apple Juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneray

Landlord.
Reaction score
I picked up 108 litres of half priced apple juice from Lidl at the weekend and am now looking to put it to good use.

I know that what you pay for is what you get regarding kits so I am looking to improve the one I have by replacing some of the water with juice.

How much should I replace. I want a really good cider with a decent kick.

If it were me, I'd replace all the water with apple juice. That'll give it more body and flavour.

E J Gumby said:
If it were me, I'd replace all the water with apple juice. That'll give it more body and flavour.
I agree, but I wouldn't add any of the sugar the kit recommends, the apple juice will have enough

evanvine said:
I think I would tend to forget the kit and just use the AJ!

Is this turbo cider worth making. I did make it quite a while back and it was :sick: . Maybe I could ferment it right out and back sweeten with some of that elderflower cordial from Lidl.

E J Gumby said:

Not a bad idea. I might use the juice right up until I get the estimated abv I want.

I think I will play with both ideas today and make a few small batches and also use the kit. I also have two 30 bottle Chardonay 7 day kits which I bought from Tesco Direct. Maybe I could add apple juice to one of them.

Thanks for the input guys. Extra thanks to EV whose humour is always as dry as a nuns bits and usually makes me laugh.

Latest posts

Back