youngs winebuddy 6 bottle kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanoD

Reaction score
hello im new to homebrewing so please be gentle with me :D
i have made 3 of these kits all white sauvingnon blanc the first one i made was perfect but the next two finished up sour tasting , i brewed all of them in plastic tesco water 1 gallon bottles just wondering why batch 2 and 3 turned out sour yet batch 1 turned out perfect i sterilised all the equipment prior to using , i would like to know if anyone else has had this trouble as im afraid to buy another kit for it to go wrong all were stored at 18 -20 c in my kitchen on a worktop

Some time ago, I had 3 batches of winebuddy red wine kits which, while not sour, were much more acidic than previously. I contacted Youngs, who admitted they had some dubious consignments just before they changed their suppliers, and sent me free replacements. However, I regularly use the sauvignon blanc kits and never had a problem, which suggest you probably have an equipment hygene issue and need to do some sterilising.

i sterilised everything and washed it all out maybe i just left it one day too long , the kitchen does get warm when other half is cooking so possibly sped fermenting time up quite abit , when i do my next batch i will take readings after 4 days instead of day 6 that way i know whats going on , its going to be hit and miss first few times and i expect most of my first few brews will go down the sink but i hope i can brew something succesful soon

Back