Your top shop bought beers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it has to be:

Oakham Citra
Oakham Citra
Oakham Citra
:laugh8:

However, I do also venture into the worlds of:
Hobgoblin ipa
Proper job
Punk ipa
Trooper ipa
Purity Ubu
Shipyard
Adams Broadside

I'd also go for Tiny Rebel Cali Pale or Camden Pale, but I can't quite bring myself to pay that price for crappy tins šŸ™ˆ

I'd also buy the Motorhead Road Crew if I could find it in supermarkets

Whilst there have been wherry kits on sale for decades, I'm surprised it hasn't gone further around the country (I've only ever seen it in Cambridgeshire) or have a decent AG recipe. I'm a bit jealous as I can't get it down here

You don't say where you are, but in the last year or so Wherry appears to have gone onto the "national" list in Waitrose, so you've a good chance of finding a bottle there if you've got one nearby.

I'm another who only really buys stuff I've not had before from supermarkets, my homebrew supplies are enough for me. Buy some Fuller's Porter for the missus though, and she's recently developed a taste for Mackeson.

I usually have my own APA's, AIPA's and Bitters so tend to only buy lagers;
Budvar, Peroni, sometimes a cheeky Tyskie.
That said if I see them I'll pick up Camden off menu IPA, Lagunitas or any of my local Hook Norton brews.
I also get the occasional Verdant delivery when I feel like treating myself as they're hard to find in shops.

I don't often buy from supermarkets, if I did its normally Fuller's 1845 or Sheppard Neame 1698, Duvel or occasionally Paulaner.

Luckily there's some good independents locally and online.

You don't say where you are, but in the last year or so Wherry appears to have gone onto the "national" list in Waitrose, so you've a good chance of finding a bottle there if you've got one nearby.

I'm another who only really buys stuff I've not had before from supermarkets, my homebrew supplies are enough for me. Buy some Fuller's Porter for the missus though, and she's recently developed a taste for Mackeson.
Omg! Thank you so much. We have one down south and it looks like they are in stock! I haven't had a pint of this in almost 20 years! I'm hoping that it tastes as good as I remember it and it's not nostalgia.

I checked the other day (for another reason) and the pub I used to drink it in is now a wine and hummus bar. Nothing against either, just sad to see the Kingston Arms in Cambridge is no longer what I remember

Latest posts

Back