WOW! - Shipyard American Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather like this beer. Did anyone ever get a decent recipe? I'm thinking of having a go but with a simplified recipe as I don't want to use 5 different hops. Is there predominant hop that's key to the flavour?

Malt miller has a version with Cascade and Citra with Mosiac for bittering, and a west coast yeast.
This is my recipe for Shipyard

5KG Pale Malt
200g Light Crystal
200g Rolled Oats
200g Oat Husks

15g Magnum 60mins
32g cascade 10mins
40g cascade, 20g citra 0 mins
60g cascade, 20g citra 5 day dry hop
Liberty Bell yeast
Fermentation Temp 19c
Mash Temp 66c

Brewed this lots of times. Always goes down well.

Comes out about 5.5% (Grainfather) so you could knock 500g of the pale malt off if you wanted.

The wife likes it but at our local that serves an excellent TT Landlord, the Shipyard is served several degrees cooler - too cold to get the full flavour in my opinion.
You can bet your life if Marstons brew it it has been modified to make it cheaper to produce.

This is my recipe for Shipyard

5KG Pale Malt
200g Light Crystal
200g Rolled Oats
200g Oat Husks

15g Magnum 60mins
32g cascade 10mins
40g cascade, 20g citra 0 mins
60g cascade, 20g citra 5 day dry hop
Liberty Bell yeast
Fermentation Temp 19c
Mash Temp 66c

Brewed this lots of times. Always goes down well.

Comes out about 5.5% (Grainfather) so you could knock 500g of the pale malt off if you wanted.[
Thanks! Going to give this a go as the next brew and just swap the oats for malted wheat, aiming around 5% ABV and 40IBU. I've used Liberty Bell and liked it however atm the only English I've got is a pack of Gervin so I'd be tempted to use that instead, I'm hoping that'll be OK.

Latest posts

Back