Dark Star American Pale Ale recipe wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divenglide

Reaction score
Hi all,
despite my love of British ales, the warm weather recently has rekindled a thirst for american hops. I have so enjoyed supping cold, dry american ales and american hopped golden ales. It has also caused me to pick up some Dark Star beers which I have not had for ages. I read some reviews which suggested that the quality of their beers dipped initially under Asahi but I have to say that they taste fantastic to me at present. I have the recipe sheet for their Azacca Hophead clone and my thinking is that this won't be a million miles away from their APA (higher ABV, 60 instead of 50 IBU) but I wondered if anybody had already travelled this road and had a good clone?
Thanks

A bit of a starting point, it's pilsner malt with some black malt presumably for colour adjustment. Hops are Cascade, Chinook, Centennial, so presumably tastes pretty classic. No IBU or colour figures though. I don't think I've ever had it but used to love the Hophead.

Screenshot_20230624-114838.png

Latest posts

Back