May 2023 competition - American pale ales / IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citra and Simcoe are always a good combination.

Interesting to see that there was a total of 8ml lactic acid in the brew. What concentration was it? I've always been a bit hesitant at putting more than 6ml total in a batch for fear of it tainting the flavour

Citra and Simcoe are always a good combination.

Interesting to see that there was a total of 8ml lactic acid in the brew. What concentration was it? I've always been a bit hesitant at putting more than 6ml total in a batch for fear of it tainting the flavour

It’s 80% concentration. My tap water is very high alkalinity. I used to use 50% RO for pale ales with less Lactic but forgot to get it ready once and just upped the lactic and I didn’t taste it so have just used tap water for them since. I now only use RO for lagers.

Would be rude not to have a pint of it tonight now.

IMG_6244.jpeg

Just to follow up and express how valuable the monthly THBF competitions are for obtaining feedback, Having scored so well with my S&C beer and on the back of the feedback received I entered the same one into the American Pale Ales category of the Anglian Craft Brewers comp which was judged earlier this month and it came second. Can’t tell you how pleased I am with that. So grateful for your comments @Nicks90

Just to follow up and express how valuable the monthly THBF competitions are for obtaining feedback, Having scored so well with my S&C beer and on the back of the feedback received I entered the same one into the American Pale Ales category of the Anglian Craft Brewers comp which was judged earlier this month and it came second. Can’t tell you how pleased I am with that. So grateful for your comments @Nicks90

Excellent, well done you. clapa

Latest posts

Back