Vimto wine recipe please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having made a gallon of the vimto wine have to say its very nice and strong and today have done 5gallon batch cant wait :thumb:

first thing i made was the OP recipe

going to see how it goes

first time with homebrew so fingers crossed

anything i need to know for a weeks or so time?

do i need to make sure of certain things?

Thanks

off to read the rest of the forum now ;)

corby_brewer said:
750 grams sugar
1 litre bottle vimto
mix sugar with vimto and boil gently for 15 mins in a pan to allow any preservatives to boil off and then skimmed scum off.
allow to cool to room temp
add to DJ, add cold water to shoulder only
Then add
1 teaspoon of youngs yeast
1 teaspoon of youngs nutrient

OG around the 1.100 mark

hi got this on the go

been bubbling away since sunday

how long does this normally take?

More of a Cider than a wine but thought people might be interested,
Smells amazing with a great colour, just primed becasue i wanted it fizzy and bottled it so not
had chance to taste but so far I'm cuffed to bits with it!
Credit for recipe to some guy called geezah on jimsbeerkit

Turbo Vimto

3 litres of apple juice
1 cup of strong tea (2 bags steeped for 20 minutes)
150g of sugar
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
1 litre of Vimto cordial boiled for 20 minutes to remove additives
1 heaped teaspoon of yeast nutrient
1 packet of SB3 yeast
SG 1.080

Topped up with more apple juice after 24hrs

I generally give it 10-12 days in the demijohn, rack it off on to a fresh DJ and let it settle for a day then bottle it up with no sugar.

Drinking it any time after bottling it, although the longer you leave it the less alcohol you taste and it goes from smooth to even smoother.
It generally comes in around 9% and is very enjoyable.
Everyone who has tried it has been gob-smacked by it.

does anyone know how long this should take before I start to bottle

the bit in bold from Turbo cider recipe and if you are planning the wine recipe then wait till its finished fermenting, could be up to a month if conditions aren't good.then rack, stabilise, degass, clear and bottle.

Hmm, interesting, I tried a Vimto punch and it failed miserably, almost tempted to try it again....

maybe I didn't boil it vigourously enough last time

Maybe the 3 litres of apple juice watered it down enough to make it ferment further, having also tried and failed i dont believe boiling makes any difference to the preservative but if anyone wants to prove me wrong go for it.

Maybe the 3 litres of apple juice watered it down enough to make it ferment further, having also tried and failed i dont believe boiling makes any difference to the preservative but if anyone wants to prove me wrong go for it.

good point, a Vimto TC might work OK, although this one (up above) is for Vimto wine, so similar quantities that I as trying for my punch stuff

1 in 4 cordial to water...

I'll watch and see.... still a risk with 25L though, maybe it's time to get a DJ for experimental purposes !

good point, a Vimto TC might work OK, although this one (up above) is for Vimto wine, so similar quantities that I as trying for my punch stuff

1 in 4 cordial to water...

I'll watch and see.... still a risk with 25L though, maybe it's time to get a DJ for experimental purposes !

I'm currently doing a summer fruits hooch using squash and it smells amazing it's defo on the cards to try the same method just rolling boiled with just 3 cartons of AJ , then primed with 500ml . I think it will give a great tasting cider Roddy, you should go for it [emoji106]

I'm currently doing this have had it in the dj since Sunday and it is bubbling away nicely I will leave it till the 10- 15 days live has been said before and then check it and probably change it to another dj how would you stabilize this and what's the best way to degas this sorry this is the first wine that I have made

Use fermentation stopper which you can buy from home brew shops, degas by either covering the neck of the DJ with your hand then shaking the DJ and releasing the CO2 or using a drill and degassing wand, see the how to forum to make one.

When it is finished, rack off the sediment into a clean dj, add a crushed campden tablet and 1 tsp of potasssium sorbate (stabiliser) then degas as chippy says either by hand or with a degassing wand, then leave to clear naturally or if you cannot wait (or if it is not clearing itself after a week or so) then you can add a fining agent to clear it.

If you want to drink it as soon as you can add the finings after you have degassed and stabilised, if you can get hold of Kwik clear or Young's clear it It should be ready in 48 hours.

If you want to drink it as soon as you can add the finings after you have degassed and stabilised, if you can get hold of Kwik clear or Young's clear it It should be ready in 48 hours.

Yes, hahaha, I forgot people on here don't like to wait a few weeks. :thumb:

I like the sound of this and picked up quite a few demijohns yesterday off fleabay, I haven't tried any wows or turbos yet so this will be my first, could someone just clear up for me sb3 yeast? What is it and acquired from where, thank you ahead :thumb:

Latest posts

Back