Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Discussions > Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and Wurzel's Orange Wine (WOW) .....

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:32 PM   #2071
deeboi

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy_Tea View Post
Keep us posted
I will do m8, had a busy weekend so didn't get a brew on and didn't want to start because I'm off to Benidorm late tomorrow for 3 days for my birthday and didn't want to start the brew just in case it gets messy, I'd rather be here to keep an eye on it.
Chippy_Tea Likes This 
Old 04-09-2017, 01:16 PM   #2072
Vinotinto

Liked 97 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboi View Post
I will do m8, had a busy weekend so didn't get a brew on and didn't want to start because I'm off to Benidorm late tomorrow for 3 days for my birthday and didn't want to start the brew just in case it gets messy,
Messy at home or in Benidorm?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #2073
deeboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotinto View Post
Messy at home or in Benidorm?
haha Benidorm shouldn't get too messy as going with the wife but you never know.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #2074
Vinotinto

Liked 97 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboi View Post
haha Benidorm shouldn't get too messy as going with the wife but you never know.
Oh no, the wives are the worst!!! Especially when let loose on mobility scooters!

Old 05-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #2075
DemiJon

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have just been reading this thread with great interest. It is something I would like to try, I was just wondering about taste.

Is it an aqquired taste or can these simple concoctions actually be quite palatable?

In terms of your most successful recipes could you advise me on any recipie in particular that would be a good place to start?

Kind regards

Jon

Old 06-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #2076
Chippy_Tea
THBF_ADMIN.png

Liked 3471 Times on 2759 Posts
Likes Given: 4274

Your wouldn't compare these wines to a decent shop bought bottle but they are as good if not better than the cheaper end supermarket stuff and you can choose whatever you like to put in them, I would suggest you try the recipe at the bottom of the first post in this thread using red grape juice and apple juice it's one we make regularly and a forum favourite.
Forum Member Map - https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2290525#

How to use the Forum Member Map - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=67013

Old 07-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #2077
winniwingat

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default cheap juice

lidl are selling 2L apple juice 100% for £1.09+red grape 1L 100% for £1.09

Old 20-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #2078
DorsetBloke

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

I didn't make any wine last year and I only really started the year before, with very mixed results, but I've decided to give it another go this year. So far, I've done some WOW which is about to be bottled and I think the results are pretty good. I've also made fruit juice wines from mango, apple and mango, purple berries and pineapple, all of which are still fermenting. In addition I'm doing some hedgerow wines. I've got a gallon of elderberry in the demijohn, a gallon of blackberry in the brewing bucket, enough elderberries to get another gallon going and almost enough rose hips to start a gallon of that too. Image is of the orange wine I'm about to bottle. Tastes pretty good even now (my Wife liked it too!), so I reckon a few months in the bottles should improve it no end.

Cheers!

Regards to all,

Colin

People Like This 
Old 30-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #2079
deeboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy_Tea View Post
Keep us posted
I got there in the end m8, here's the thread 4 WOW Variants and 10l Cider to be dry hopped

@Vinotinto Benidorm was messy m8 lol and I now know what you mean about mobility scooters, you can't walk 10 steps without passing one of these things, seen quite a few people drunk, fast asleep in the back seat of the double ones, funny as feck. Great Birthday in the Tikki Beach bar though, from what I remember lol.

Tags
cheap wine, chill haze, home made wine, how to make juice wine, red grape juice, supermarket juice wine, white grape juice, wine making help, wine recipe, wow, wurzel's orange wine