What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Joy, oh Bliss - I have just opened a 2L bottle of what must be a Cascade single hop ale (see GH) bottled 26 May this year. I had greyed this out on my spreadsheet record as drunk.

But it can't be anything else from the taste. I mean, Dortmunder Export style with US 05, it is not. :lol:

A good start to the week-end, or what?

Found a few Maris Otter/ Target ales in the back of a closet while I was looking for bottles for mead. I guess I'll have to empty them then, won't I :mrgreen:

Wheat beer tonight, quite a bit of banana with crossmyloof kristallweizen yeast

20170923_151231.jpg

Brewdog Mr President
Saison Dupont
Chimay Blue
My own Belgian IPA

And maybe something else if I'm not drunk enough.

Rince Cochon Blonde, really only to get a new glass, this one with a pig moulded into the stem. It's OK, better than the 38 on ratebeer suggests. A strong Belgian Blonde, with a back-end light touch of Saaz (my guess anyway).

And now, I'm trying my first AG Guinness (Wheeler) side by side with the real thing. It's really strange. Until now mine seemed like Guinness, but now the real thing seems like bitter water, and mine seems like ale. Of course it isn't like ale, as it has the roasted malt touch, but after the real Guinness, I struggle to perceive that, and it just tastes, well, very much NOT like water, which the Guinness does. It makes me think there is something not right with the Guinness I bought, or otherwise, I've just created something that is nothing like Guinness at all. I'm thinking I'm not really bothered, and I'm pretty happy with mine.

Guinness is a poor mass produced beverage, you have discovered you can do a much better stout yourself.

Your beer is not mass produced or subject to finance and marketing department requirements. It is made with a desire to make a beer that appeals to YOU and your tastes.

That's part of what makes homebrewing soooooooooooooo awesome :thumb:

Last night I tried my latest brew, an American Pale Ale, based on Dan125's awesome recipe.

After a thread on here I decided to add some flaked barley after some folks said they experienced no haze. However, my brew won't clear so it looks like ****, or a NEIPA if you half shut your eyes.

BUT, it tastes brilliant, which for me is all that matters. I just won't be sharing it with anyone as, in appearance, it ain't a great advert for homebrew.

Last night I tried my latest brew, an American Pale Ale, based on Dan125's awesome recipe.

After a thread on here I decided to add some flaked barley after some folks said they experienced no haze. However, my brew won't clear so it looks like ****, or a NEIPA if you half shut your eyes.

BUT, it tastes brilliant, which for me is all that matters. I just won't be sharing it with anyone as, in appearance, it ain't a great advert for homebrew.
Appearance is only eye candy as it what is underneath that counts [emoji106]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Just call it a New England Pale Ale and it should be cloudy
Ive just got a golden ale with orange peel in the fermeter and it is struggling to clear at the moment so a I can see a name change coming on

Same here.Only used it once in a light beer and the b#####d will not clear,in future it's going in dark beers.

Mid afternoon pint of Coast to Coast (Caledonian brewery). Billed as an American pale ale but didn't have distinctive American hop flavour, more spicy and floral. Really quite an enjoyable pint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off to my local tonight for a friends birthday bash. They are a free house (proper one, not tied to any pubco) and always have Batemans XB plus two guest ales, sometimes three. They try to have a 'golden ale' pump and a 'more traditional ale' pump. Its win win for me as I'm happy drinking XB so anything else is a bonus, and they keep a damn good pint.

Then I've got to get up tomorrow and do it all again for another mates birthday in the same boozer.

Life's a bitch, sometimes. :lol:

Greg Hughes Black IPA (another fantastic recipe from this book)
A big bottle of Leffe Bruin
Goose Island IPA

Haven't had a Leffe for ages. I'd forgotten what a nice drop it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back