What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rince Cochon Blonde, really only to get a new glass, this one with a pig moulded into the stem. It's OK, better than the 38 on ratebeer suggests. A strong Belgian Blonde, with a back-end light touch of Saaz (my guess anyway).

And now, I'm trying my first AG Guinness (Wheeler) side by side with the real thing. It's really strange. Until now mine seemed like Guinness, but now the real thing seems like bitter water, and mine seems like ale. Of course it isn't like ale, as it has the roasted malt touch, but after the real Guinness, I struggle to perceive that, and it just tastes, well, very much NOT like water, which the Guinness does. It makes me think there is something not right with the Guinness I bought, or otherwise, I've just created something that is nothing like Guinness at all. I'm thinking I'm not really bothered, and I'm pretty happy with mine.

Rince Cochon Blonde, really only to get a new glass, this one with a pig moulded into the stem. It's OK, better than the 38 on ratebeer suggests. A strong Belgian Blonde, with a back-end light touch of Saaz (my guess anyway).

And now, I'm trying my first AG Guinness (Wheeler) side by side with the real thing. It's really strange. Until now mine seemed like Guinness, but now the real thing seems like bitter water, and mine seems like ale. Of course it isn't like ale, as it has the roasted malt touch, but after the real Guinness, I struggle to perceive that, and it just tastes, well, very much NOT like water, which the Guinness does. It makes me think there is something not right with the Guinness I bought, or otherwise, I've just created something that is nothing like Guinness at all. I'm thinking I'm not really bothered, and I'm pretty happy with mine.

Hi there, Fore,

You have just discovered the real reason we spend 5/6 hours on making a paltry 40 pints of beer. Not only is it a good sort of a hobby for a man at a certain point in life, but the results are better tasting than you might possibly have imagined.

Hi there, Fore,

You have just discovered the real reason we spend 5/6 hours on making a paltry 40 pints of beer. Not only is it a good sort of a hobby for a man at a certain point in life, but the results are better tasting than you might possibly have imagined.

Great isn't it. I've never before in my life bought Guinness and been disappointed.

A few of my Cali Common and a couple of TC’s .... on a school night may regret it tomorrow !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great isn't it. I've never before in my life bought Guinness and been disappointed.

I was the same, used to buy Guinness and supermarket cider to mix them and think it was great.

Not any more.

:thumb:

Golden Stag
Great result for the Celts, yaaassssss

IMG_1098.jpg

Well finally getting areal beer after doing my first extract brew but having to drive to get the kids, a nanny state was all I could have. Having a shipyards little hop of horror followed by a Sam Adams blonde ambition..if I am still thirsty maybe the last electric India that is in the fridge.

Electric India is an aqquires taste is it not?
Oooft. Tastes like one of my infected brews, if you love Belgian beers it may be good ,talking about Belgian. Belgian champs 0 Celtic 3 👍

Electric India is an aqquires taste is it not?
Oooft. Tastes like one of my infected brews, if you love Belgian beers it may be good ,talking about Belgian. Belgian champs 0 Celtic 3 👍

I would say it could be, but I quite enjoy it, especially in 660ml bottles!

4 for £6.00 @ Tesco so thought I'd treat myself as I've only tried Adnams ghost ship so looking forward to trying the other three whilst finishing my wort chiller.Thirsty work.
Trooper
Broadside
Black sheep

What's going on with disabling photo upload from Tapatalk @Chippy_Tea any ideas?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

My first porter tasted better than Guinness porter. And not because mine was so good... the Guinness porter is watered down like. Mine had a taste. Which the missus liked! Which is a good and a bad thing. Because now I have to share :|

My first porter tasted better than Guinness porter. And not because mine was so good... the Guinness porter is watered down like. Mine had a taste. Which the missus liked! Which is a good and a bad thing. Because now I have to share :|
Yes, the missus liked mine too. Which I found a bit strange for a stout. I think she'd add lemonade if we had any though. Still, my French colleagues found it bitter, but I think that's down to style preference, because I don't find it bitter at all.

You know the Guinness really does taste watered down. I had another yesterday, and even without trying my own, the Guinness still tasted watery. I think I found a new low appreciation of Guinness. It's like there is a big hole where a depth of flavour should exist, and I only know that because it exists in mine.

Just a cheeky bottle of Sadler's Hop Bomb for me. Underwhelmed, if I'm honest. Not very hoppy!

I had the same expectation only to have that quashed... don't like it very much to be honest

My most recent beer, Californian Common lager, using a corny keg for the first time as well. Will be giving it a go tonight .

I do like Ghost Ship, Morissons have mini kegs of it at the moment, might have to pop in and get one for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back