Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a good recipe for a semi sweet rose. My other half likes a purley bay or barefoot wine. I tried a watermelon, raspberry and red grape juice. But wasn't that impressed with the flavour.

Think i may have added too much sugar. Think it was about 17%.

Rosé wine (A forum favourite)

1 litre Red grape juice.

1 litre Apple Juice.

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

IDShot_225x225.jpg
5051413484562_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Thanks guys. I will try this one. But whats the best way to make it sweeter. Stop early say 1005 or back sweeten?

Also would the citric make much difference. I didn't use any last time.
Cheers.

Thanks Chippy. Think my last one went to 990 so a bit dry. I'll see what the next one comes out like. :)

The Ritchie finings has come good (albeit a double dose after a racking)

How long should i leave til bottling (racked it 4 days ago) and do i need to do anything apart from sterilise bottles?

I like bottling it and adding dates to each bottle to see how long i have left it age to good tipple scenario

If it's clear and stabilised you can bottle it, you need to sterilise anything that is going to contract the wine.

I've just bottled a Cherry & RGJ, it's come out at 14.4%. OG 1.104 FG .994. Tastes good but a tad strong even for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do others retain the additional flavour in their Super M Juice wines?. As I've mentioned I don't back sweeten or top up with juice as I like my wine dry. Do you think adding cherry juice for example mid fermentation will retain any of its flavour? :hmm:

I am finding that any extra juice adds too much flavour and changes the characteristic away from a dry wine.

Rosé wine (A forum favourite)

1 litre Red grape juice.

1 litre Apple Juice.

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerine.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

As razor says top up to the shoulder with water then after racking top up with half a litre of apple juice then water to finish.

Lidl usually have plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None in our Lidl either. Got fruits of the forest from asda 100% not from concentrate.
Says grape juice in it. Might give those a go with a bit of apple juice.

Back