Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Beer Kits & Brewing Equipment Reviews. > Coopers IPA review

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #101
Klemay83

Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Got this one maturing in bottles at the moment. Not 100% impressed with it. but i'll leave it another few weeks before having anymore, its been bottles for about 6 weeks already. it i did mine with a can of light malt extract and dry hoped with 25g of Simcoe for 3 days. The beer is quite dark for an IPA, more of a red ale colour. Smells great, i just wished it tasted like it smells. Starts of not to bad then has a really sharp, bitter aftertaste. Mine is slightly under carbed. I didn't have regular sugar at the time, only caster sugar and didn't adjust my ratio properly. i'll leave this one alone for another month i think and see what its like. Meanwhile i'll be bottling my Woodfords Wherry today and getting the ingredients together for a stout for the Autumn.

Next Brews: Chocolate Cherry Stout or a Wheat beer or
a Trashy Blonde Clone

Old 19-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #102
Spike101uk

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Currently drinking one of the nicest pints I've ever drunk, this coppers ipa I made with a coopers brew enhancer 2 , 500g light dried malt extract, us-05 and kit yeast and dry hopped 50g cascade, primary for 18 days and filtered and force carbed in corny keg and been there 2 months, and it's wow really fruity and rounded , smooth to drink, bottle a few that I can't get even an inch in to be glass before it's foamed up, this is my favourite homebrew and probably in the top ten beers I've ever drunk .

Old 20-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #103
LarryF
Brew Numpty

Liked 685 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 583

Got one of these carbing up, I did it with Danstar Windsor and a North Downs hop tea and dry hop. Really looking forward to it, had to move the crate near a rad as the lower house temps slowed it all down but moving the crate nearer the rad has worked a treat and I'll try a first one this weekend.
Planning: Beer
The signature was starting to be hard work.