All grain all included Starter kit needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhomebrew

AKA - RobsHomebrew
Reaction score
ok so I really want to get into all grain and I wanted to know if any of you know any decent relatively cheap kits that have everything I need to do all grain brews. iv got a budget of about £250. I came across this one in Germany but their out of stock atm

https://homebrewshop.be/en/starter-kits-all-grain/674-starter-kit-all-grain-brewing-basic-electric.html

it must be electric by the way. Dont want to be messing about with gas or cookers so much.

I'm thinking it might be cheaper to put all your kit together seperately drawing on the knowledge of forum members.

When I first started brewing I bought a Coopers starter kit. If I had come to the forum first I could have robably put everything I needed together for much less than the 70 quid I paid

What do you already have?? rather than get an all in one you might not need to replace stuff for example get er brweed and HBC do BIAB upgrade kits so you just get the peco boiler , bag, chiller ect. thats for £100

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/all-grain-starter-pack-for-5-gallon-batches-p-1127.html

Here's one idea however if like me you are prepared to slum it a bit I put my current kit together for about £90 and I could have saved money on one item if I had shopped about

Here's my list

Boiler £47.50
Two fermenting bins £15.00
Coolbox £12.00
Thermometer £2.50
Hydrometer and trial jar £5.00
Tap £4.00

I use the cool box as a mash tun and laueter for sparging in the two FV's one inside the other, internal one has holes drilled in the base the external one has a tap fitted low down on the side. (This vessel could be used as a mash tun if you insulate it with bubble wrap or similar after mashing in.

I don't need to set for a temp so I plumped for the cheaper boiler with out a thermostat.

My sparge water comes from the kettle and is carefully jugged over the grain bed.

It is a budget approach in a way but it does have the benefit of simplicity.

The only bit that can be a bit messy is transferring the warm grist into the lauter tun but hey ho.

I already had some muslin bags but you can buy muslin for £2.50 a metre at Boyes, I use these as hop bags for the boil.

WOW loads of replys so quick. when all grains involved it gets serious. ha ha ha haa. love it. I have a coopers set up. so I already have a FV, hydrom, etc im quite happy buying the equipment separately to save on cash. I also dont mind building any of it if its proofed to work well to a high standard.

What do you already have?? rather than get an all in one you might not need to replace stuff for example get er brweed and HBC do BIAB upgrade kits so you just get the peco boiler , bag, chiller ect. thats for £100

this sounds good

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/all-grain-starter-pack-for-5-gallon-batches-p-1127.html

Here's one idea however if like me you are prepared to slum it a bit I put my current kit together for about £90 and I could have saved money on one item if I had shopped about

Here's my list

Boiler £47.50
Two fermenting bins £15.00
Coolbox £12.00
Thermometer £2.50
Hydrometer and trial jar £5.00
Tap £4.00

I use the cool box as a mash tun and laueter for sparging in the two FV's one inside the other, internal one has holes drilled in the base the external one has a tap fitted low down on the side. (This vessel could be used as a mash tun if you insulate it with bubble wrap or similar after mashing in.

I don't need to set for a temp so I plumped for the cheaper boiler with out a thermostat.

My sparge water comes from the kettle and is carefully jugged over the grain bed.

It is a budget approach in a way but it does have the benefit of simplicity.

The only bit that can be a bit messy is transferring the warm grist into the lauter tun but hey ho.

I already had some muslin bags but you can buy muslin for £2.50 a metre at Boyes, I use these as hop bags for the boil.

how do you go about cooling your wort?

this seems pretty cheap. thumbs up

a mashing bag??? surely its better to mash in a tub or some sort of vessel just for practicality? ???

Lots of people mash in a bag, and boil in the same vessel. But you can mash in another container and transfer to the kettle. I did ask. ;-)

Latest posts

Back