Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cqr

Reaction score
I just put on a bulldog pear cider with 1kg of extra sugar
SG 1050
23 litres off spring water
Smelt very nice, if it tastes like it smells I will be happy

I just put on a bulldog pear cider with 1kg of extra sugar
SG 1050
23 litres off spring water
Smelt very nice, if it tastes like it smells I will be happy
Let us know how it turns out:thumb:

Nice, should be about 7% by the time you prime it 😃

My kind of brew 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What sugar do you use for cider?
I'm using plain golden granulated and it seems ok. Books say using it in beer leads to a cidery taste - but that's what we want in cider isn't it?
Also what do you use to prime? I used golden syrup last time and was brilliant, but difficult to measure.

What sugar do you use for cider?
I'm using plain golden granulated and it seems ok. Books say using it in beer leads to a cidery taste - but that's what we want in cider isn't it?
Also what do you use to prime? I used golden syrup last time and was brilliant, but difficult to measure.

I don't need to add sugar to the primary usually, I tend to make flavoured TC's now with Polish fruity syrups (Lowicz) proving a lot of the sugar

If I'm adding to a WOW, then I just use ordinary Tate & Lyle or whatever white granulated sugar.

Priming I use the same Polish syrup, which is loaded with sugar and gives a bit of a taste too, espesh when I've used the same stuff in the primary fermentation too. I batch prime each 25L batch, which makes measuring the syrup so I know what wugar is going in, very easy (needs to be for me :doh: )

I've a few recipes up on the Brewdays forum for TC's like that

Cheers. :cheers:

Just about to start a second 5L batch, but will do the top up with water once it's slowed down as I left the first one to finish so was a bit strong and not enough of it.

Back