film recommended

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just been to see Dunkirk. Very very good,all action and some quite gut tightening moments. Film does jump around somewhat from various chunks of action but easy to follow.:thumb:

I wasn't impressed by the trailer they have been running so it's put me right of it.

I wasn't impressed by the trailer they have been running so it's put me right of it.
I really am not a cinema goer at all,nor am i much of a film buff either.
No real 'star' actors,it's all in chunks of action and all get a look in some how or another.
Around 12 of the original 'small ships' took part in the filming and extra's were extra's,not computer generated.:thumb:

Thanks, really want to see this as I'm a big fan of anything Christopher Nolan has done, Dark Knight Trilogy, Interstellar, Inception etc., so will be interesting to see his take on a war film.

Thanks, really want to see this as I'm a big fan of anything Christopher Nolan has done, Dark Knight Trilogy, Interstellar, Inception etc., so will be interesting to see his take on a war film.
It doesn't come up for air,that's for sure!.

Likewise, a big Nolan fan myself. Just re-watched Memento the other day, one of his early ones and one of my faves.
On a related note I just saw Baby Driver and it was fantastic, another genius director, Edgar Wright, and a masterclass in film making.

I am way too short tempered to sit in a crowd of people watching a film the last time i did i came close to punching the guy sitting behind me for talking to his partner throughout the film
animated-smileys-angry-066.gif

I am way too short tempered to sit in a crowd of people watching a film the last time i did i came close to punching the guy sitting behind me for talking to his partner throughout the film
animated-smileys-angry-066.gif
Ahhhhhh a fellow after my own heart:lol:
Cinema half empty and we had 'superior seating' cos we are posh,innit:grin::grin:

To be honest i don't see the point in going to the cinema these days we all have huge T.V's and Blu Ray or DVD players and watching at home means you don't have to listen to people talking, coughing, belly laughing when its not actually that funny etc O.K i get the sound and huge screen thing but i will still buy the disc then its only SWMBO that can annoy me. :lol:

Remember this -

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iom-g1cbGzI[/ame]

I thought Dunkirk was an assault on the senses. 'Fight them on the beaches, in the air and on the seas' as Churchill said and the film moves from one to another with no let up. At times it's almost claustrophobic and you feel you're in the action.

I can see how it might disappoint some who are wanting more of a storyline, but I thought it was very well done.

Brings home the horrors of war and the sacrifice those young men made in defending our islands, brilliantly.

Well that's it settled i will be buying it in November.

Dunkirk (2017)

Dunkirk DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for November 2017 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for November 2017.

Rating: 4.5/5 (68 users)

To be honest i don't see the point in going to the cinema these days we all have huge T.V's and Blu Ray or DVD players and watching at home means you don't have to listen to people talking, coughing, belly laughing when its not actually that funny etc O.K i get the sound and huge screen thing but i will still buy the disc then its only SWMBO that can annoy me. :lol:

Remember this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iom-g1cbGzI

Ahhhhhhhhhh Pearl and Dean
them's were the days:lol:.
Just same old adverts as TV now, only bigger and louder.
First time in a cinema for me for about 10 years. It aint b####y cheap either and we got old git rate.
Don't know how families can afford it along with the popcorn,pop etc.

If anyone hasn't seen Gifted this is fantastic and deeply moving.Chris Evans plays a fantastic role to raise his niece and no fancy scenes just plain acting.Whole heartedly recommend watching this.
https://youtu.be/hqTSKqBCdf0

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

i thought this was a really good film. very touching :thumb:

Back