5L pressure barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hsb

Reaction score
H guys, getting a bit bored with washing bottles so looking for a small pressure barrel, 5L? I’ve seen the steel ones but a bit concerned about cleanness after a while, so anyone know if there’s a plastic one on the market? I don’t want full size as I don’t really want to have to drink it all at once, and also a small one will fit in my fridge. Thanks

2 gallon PB works great once you get use to sealing them, never lost pressure yet have it few years now. Definitely recommend.

Think stainless steel is far more sanitary than plastic...especially over the long term. I've got one of these....

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/collectio...asybrew-uk-5l-mini-keg-with-ball-lock-diptube
It works great. For cleaning I give it a good clean in the sink with normal washing up liquid and a long brush, then soak in PBW or similar over night, rinse then sanitise with Starsan or equivalent - fill to the brim then push out with CO2 leaving the keg full of CO2 ready for the next fill.

Just got a used grade A 10ltr corny style keg so looking forward to using that too. Worked out cheaper than the 5ltr keg.

You're going to have to clean just as thoroughly with plastic.

Back