Admit it, you're a bigot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElvisIsBeer

Reaction score
Are any of the contributors on here prepared to come straight out and admit to harbouring prejudices against ethnic groups other than white English speakers, women, LGBT, gingers?

Why not come out and free yourself - say it loud and proud. I dare you.

I know - this is just a stupid lash out thread, which I don't mind if the mods remove.

I just get so bloody frustrated at the extent to which casual but belligerent discrimination is tolerated, even encouraged, on here. It's unsettling and corrosive.

If I wanted to read the Daily Mail, I would.

I know - this is just a stupid lash out thread, which I don't mind if the mods remove.

I just get so bloody frustrated at the extent to which casual but belligerent discrimination is tolerated, even encouraged, on here. It's unsettling and corrosive.

Enjoy your brew day and forget about the bad stuff

Twiggy lager drinkers who need educating on what beer should taste like need shooting, I was in my local last night group of lads come in look at the pumps and say "have you no proper lager?" bar man says the closest we have is Tzara by thornbridge it's a german style kolsch. Gives a guy a sample, "oh i can't drink that let's go to wetherspoons lads"

ElvisIsBeer, I like your concept, but, if I was to post what I thought I would get a ban & that is the crux of the problem.
In this "PC" age anything goes if you're a 'minority', for the rest, anything goes except their freedom of speech.
Yes, I am a bigot.

ElvisIsBeer, I like your concept, but, if I was to post what I thought I would get a ban & that is the crux of the problem.
In this "PC" age anything goes if you're a 'minority', for the rest, anything goes except their freedom of speech.
Yes, I am a bigot.

You may or may not get a ban, not because of anti freedom of speeh ,PC nonsense but because when you sign up to and use the forum you agree to abide by a set of rules which are here https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/terms-of-service-and-rules.75931/
This is a privately owned forum and anyone who doesnt wish to abide by the forum rules is free to join any of the many other HB forums out there

Elvis, is this a cunning plan you have to browse through this thread and do a mass 'IGNORE' of anyone who posts :laugh8:

Did you miss out religious groups? - That normally bring some results.

Are any of the contributors on here prepared to come straight out and admit to harbouring prejudices against ethnic groups other than white English speakers, women, LGBT, gingers?

Why not come out and free yourself - say it loud and proud. I dare you.
only braggots allowed.

the only truly persecuted class today is the straight white male!

hashtag talking total jobby!

us whiteys are champions at imagining persecution while persecuting others.

I would like to table a motion that politics be excluded from brewing forums altogether.
except perhaps discussion of the fascist Reinheitsgebot law.
I say diversity of ingredients leads to a better and more balanced socie... I mean beer.

I am against certain political ideologies and against the idea there are tens to hundreds of genders but I am not prejudiced against any people who hold these ideas just the ideas themselves. Am I a bigot?

I don't care who likes what. It does get in my nerves a bit when people ask opinions but don't like the answer...
Also the way society percieves things constantly changes and will continue to do so. It can take decades but it changes. There will always be someone moaning about something...

I don't care who likes what. It does get in my nerves a bit when people ask opinions but don't like the answer...
Also the way society percieves things constantly changes and will continue to do so. It can take decades but it changes. There will always be someone moaning about something...

Mainly me, about the snug, and all the bleedin' trouble it causes

I would like to table a motion that politics be excluded from brewing forums altogether.

This has been suggested before and again i point you the the snug forum description on the index page which says -

The Snug.
This is the place for all non brewing chat.

If anyone would rather not see posts from the Snug when viewing "New posts" let me know and i will remove you.

If you think belligerent discrimination is tolerated, encouraged and commonplace here and like the Daily Mail you would rather not read it maybe your best course of action would be to request a ban from the snug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back