Admit it, you're a bigot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People tend to look for patterns, for predictabilty. And sometimes one is in the wrong group. I for instance belong to the white cishet male priviliged westerner group. And that comes with prejudices.

Someone at work once called me an 'opinionated bigot'. Was he right or wrong? Dunno, and certainly don't care. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. The world is still turning.

You could just enforce the forum rules, hmm?

Non of the staff are here 24/7 so it is impossible to read every thread and post here so can i again ask members to report any post that in their view breaks the forum rules (using the report link under the offending post) this brings the post to a mods attention as soon as they log in and action can be taken, could i also remind members not to feed trolls better to have their posts removed with no explanation (as mentioned in the forum rules) than feed them if they get no reaction they will move on!

776a0defb68b6c31fb7f9615faa735f3--funny-signs-metal-signs.jpg

Or ban the trolls?

All forums have trolls and most are clever enough to stay within the forum rules i would rather members didn't engage with them and instead report them (if they break the rules) which would have the desired effect of having the troll removed.

Last edited:
This thread looks baited to me?
Hoping someone says something out of line?

I'm thinking the same. Maybe the people who start such threads right out of the blue and knowing full-well how it will pan out, are really the trolls and trouble causers. Gawd knows how many riots they've started over the years. See... having the desired effect already.

I think it is a bit of a daft question though...like asking who's burgled houses or loiters outside the local school when they have no kids to pick up...

I'm thinking the same. Maybe the people who start such threads right out of the blue and knowing full-well how it will pan out, are really the trolls and trouble causers. Gawd knows how many riots they've started over the years. See... having the desired effect already.

This is a problem the mod team faces regularly, we have a new thread titled "Admit it, you're a bigot" which when first viewed looks like a blatant troll but the question -

Are any of the contributors on here prepared to come straight out and admit to harbouring prejudices against ethnic groups other than white English speakers, women, LGBT, gingers?
Why not come out and free yourself - say it loud and proud. I dare you.
does not break any rules, the OP genuinely thinks some of the members who post in the Snug are bigots and is inviting them to come out of the closet.

The mod team cannot delete every thread and post they do not like just because it offends them but if it is in breech of the rules then it is fair game and that is why i have asked for members to report rather than retaliate.

Last edited:
Not Elvis.

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has well and truly left the building

(and fingers crossed, doesn't return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back